on 21 February 2014
I enjoy my coffee strong and black and the Grande Intenso is one of my favourites. I'm working my way through the range and I also like the Grande Caffe Crema and for a stronger after dinner tipple, the Espresso Barista or Espresso Intenso. My husband, who likes his coffee white and not so strong, likes the Americano. Amazon's prices can't be beaten and great service from them every time.
on 25 April 2014
Highly recommended. In my opinion a superb cup of coffee, worthy of many a barista. My fiancee loves the aroma, even though she is not a coffee drinker. Delivered very quickly, my only criticism would be that the box it was delivered in was twice the size need, necessitating the space being filled with a substantial amount of brown paper as padding.
on 11 May 2014
This coffee is far better value than the Dolce coffees sold with milk. Unless you just like cappuccinos with frothy milk then these are for you - double the number of coffee capsules and add your own milk if needed!
on 28 January 2013
These are for use in a Krups Dolce Gusto pod coffee maker.
Whatever you do, don't discount pod coffee makers as a gadget that dishes out the stuff you get from a cheap canteen coffee machine. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the coffee from a Dolce Gusto (about 30 to 50p/cup) and a cup from C*** a Coffee (£2.50/cup).
The Grande Intenso pods make a large cup of strong coffee and are great value, some of the other varieties make smaller amounts (Espresso etc - as you would expect) but are still great value as the coffee is such high quality.
Highly recommended....
on 12 January 2015
Grande Intenso is the strongest 'long' coffee drink in the Dolce Gusto range. But it isn't just strong on caffeine to the detriment of flavour. It is absolutely delicious. If a partner or dinner guest doesn't really appreciate strong black coffee but would appreciate a mug of something hot and tasty with a caffeine kick, add a little microwaved milk and sugar to your usual 180ml ( 6 fluid ounces ) of Grande Intenso and they will fall in love with the smokey, slightly burnt, pleasingly tangy taste which shines right on through the additional milk and sugar. Yes, I start every day with a milk and sugar version myself ( shock / horror to purist coffee aficionados ) but I have another black and beautiful one for the road before leaving home. No matter what I drink throughout the day, home is where the Grande Intenso is.
on 17 January 2013
great way to buy these capsules,saving money on supermarket prices with free very quick delivery i will purchase with buy and subscribe from now on to make sure i never run out.this coffee has a great smooth flavour to it making a lovely drink.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 June 2016
This coffee drink for Dolce Gusto machines only needs one pod, so in one box, you will get 16 servings. If you purchase from here, you will get 3 boxes (48 coffees). When I ordered here from Amazon the cost was just over £10. Works out to be a little over 20p a coffee.

The Grande Intenso is the strongest coffee pod the Dolce sells, other than the smaller espressos. I drink it as my everyday coffee, as it is also one of the simplest, no fuss flavours to make. Taste reminds me of fresh ground coffee from a cafetiere, and is in my opinion one of the best coffee bang for your buck when using a Dolce machine.

*I have an automatic machine, how many lines do I select on the volume selector to make this drink?*
The pod says 6 bars, but I generally use 7 (full 250ml). There is still a fair amount of coffee in the pod. Like in my Chococino review, you could probably use more hot water and still have good coffee. I don’t do higher as I like to add a dash of milk to taste.

*How do I prepare this with a manual machine?*
Simply fill the glass. I leave a little space for milk, but that’s down to you.

If you think my review was helpful, please do click 'Yes' below, it would be great to know that someone has found this information useful. Reviewing is my hobby! Also feel free to ask questions here in comments, I will reply within 24 hours.
review image review image
The flavour is strong, intense, slightly smoky, slightly burned; deliciously authentic. Good as a grande espresso, or occasionally, heretically, drunk with a little milk for my morning cuppa; either way is good, and at 16 drinks per box, one of the cheaper Dolce Gusto coffees; an affordable luxury.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2014
These are a great pick me up for mornings. The pod machine is the best thing I ever bought so easy, clean and such a great selection of drinks and these are my favourite everyday coffee. You can even change the setting if you don't like it as strong. Very happy with these!
on 27 April 2013
This is coffee shop tasting coffee for a fraction of the price. It is strong enough for a morning hit and really hits the spot. The only downside is the dolce gusto system does not produce the cups of coffee as hot as I would like... if you like a good cup of strong but long coffee these pods are the ones for you