on 15 February 2002
Nero Burning ROM is truly an excellent piece of software. With my CDRW I got Adaptec 4 and the best thing I ever did was upgrade to Nero. I am not a techie but no worries as Nero is so easy to use. It has all the features you need for writing CDRW and CDR's. The latest version is Windows XP compatable but the InCD UDF packet writing version you get with Nero may not be. Again no problem as they have released an XP update for it on their web site. Check out their web site as it has some very useful downloads and help imformation etc...
on 1 October 2001
Just received Nero 5.5 from Amazon today. This is simply the best recording software I've tried. I have not yet tried printing labels from it, so I don't know whether the complaints about label creator are justified. I can tell you however it works extremely well, even under Windows XP. Do yourself a favour and buy this instead of dreadful easy CD Creator.
on 4 September 2001
Nero is very straight forward to use, I was backing up files onto CD and cutting an audio CD within minutes of installing it with no problems at all. (My system is a P550 with 128 mb ram).
Nero has a wizard driven approach which makes most simple tasks easy, though some more complex tasks can be tricky to work out as the help is fairly limited.
Overall though a very good piece of software.
on 24 November 2001
Having used rival software such as Roxio Easy CD Creator and used trial versions of several other programs, Nero Burning Rom leaves the rest standing. It's DAO options are far more straightforward than it's competition and I have experienced far fewer burn errors with this program. This is a COMPLETE burning package. Leave the rest and purchase the best
on 4 October 2001
Nero 5.5 is the best CD burning software i've yet come across. One feature of particular interest is the ease by which you can drag in drop files from anylocation into your disc creation. It doesn't require all the hassle of converting your mp3's into Wav individually because it takes care of all that for you. If your making an audio CD you can drag and drop your mp3's into the track list and before you know it your burning regular CD. I give it my thumbs up.
on 3 October 2001
I tried this program after using Easy CD Creator(and failing to resolve all the bugs). All I can say is absolute bliss! No more blue-screen crashes or wasted CDs - it works like a dream on my system (1GHz Thunderbird AMD, 256MB Ram, Samsung SW408 CD/RW, OS:ME).
It's a little more complicated to use than most but well worth the effort.
on 5 September 2001
I've always disliked how one bad rating can really distort the rating of a product on Amazon.
Three stars doesn't reflect how good this is; in a traditionally flaky area of the market (CD Writing software) Nero has been exceptional, and at this price it's an absolute steal. It's worked solidly for me under Win98 / NT /2000 with both IDE and SCSI CD recorders. Just look at the features; as well as vanilla CD creation and copying, it will automatically convert MP3 files for audio CD creation, create Video CDs and SVCDs, and the latest version will even master DVDs!(with the right hardware, of course). I'm also extremely impressed with their commitment to enhancing the product and adding functionality, and their technical support is excellent...
on 9 June 2001
When I first started burning cd's I was limited to using adaptec cd creator. Then one day i fell across nero 5 buring rom. Ever since i have not changed it. Other software can just not compete with it. The great audio editing medium allows youto do what you want to our tracks, mix, fade etc. I am a great fan of mp3's and nero 5 has full souport for them. This allows me to make great mix cd's and edit them with ease.
The capability of making vcd's from any video file is also time saving and i can watch them straight on my dvd player.
All in all a great peice of cdr software for novices and pro's.
on 20 October 2001
This is the best that there is. Easy CD creator maybe easier to use - but this is far more powerful and a lot more stable to use ! Once you are up and running there is no comparison. I started out using Easy CD, i will not be going back . . .
VINE VOICEon 29 October 2001
Having struggled along with Adaptec's Easy CD Creator for some years, with all it's compatibility problems with different CD writers and operating systems, I finally gave up and gave Nero a go. It's reasonably user-friendly, certainly comprehensive and very reliable. You can connect to the internet to download track info without having to type it in yourself, throw CD audio, MP3s, WAVs, data, the lot, quickly and easily onto a CD-R or CD-RW.
My first attempt was an audio CD, disc-at-once with CD Text, on an 80min CD with 17 tracks. At 12x on my CD writer and following choosing all the tracks, the burn took just 7 minutes. Excellent stuff, I would certainly recommend Nero.