Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 19 August 2013
Another great book from Louise Marley, I literally couldn't put this book down - every spare 5 minutes and I was reading. I thought I'd worked out "whodunit", but with so many good twists and turns, I was wrong. Kept me gripped to the very last word. More please. Very soon.
on 8 September 2013
Keeps you turning pages right from the start as the plot twists and turns. A cracking pace is kept up throughout.
on 9 September 2013
Once again Louise Marley has produced a book which i was unable to put down.
I did not want the book to end.

Come on Louise; write quicker! I need another book.

Fabulous!
on 19 September 2013
Although the story started slowly, the tension gradually builds until you are racing through the pages as the heroine struggles to discover who murdered her sister, and who is trying to protect their guilty secrets even fifteen years later.
on 13 October 2013
have to have a bit of a winge about Nemesis by Louise Marley - I made the mistake of starting to read it while I was supposed to be doing other things, and spent the next many hours doing nothing but read. The novel is a complex yet extremely engrossing murder mystery as the main character, Natalie, attempts to solve a murder. An attempt that blossoms into an obsession that takes over her life for fifteen years. The novel alternates between past and present, revealing tidbits of new information in each scene, with each part revealing a piece of the puzzle of what happened those fifteen years ago. Brilliant book.
on 11 August 2013
Very good read couldn't wait to see who had "done it" recommend it to anybody who enjoys thrillers. Good choice
on 24 September 2013
The only reason I downloaded this was because it was free. Not a moment I regret it, this book was fantastic and well written. The ending unlike some books were you're left unsatisfied connected all the dots. All Louise Marley books are recommende'
on 6 December 2014
I was attracted to this book by the premise: a woman whose sister was murdered years earlier writes a book telling a thinly veiled version of the story. Whilst publicising the novel, she repeatedly mentions a diary her sister kept up until her death, referring to her lovers by code names. Her plan is to lure the killer out of hiding… The set-up promises high drama and tension, and the book certainly delivers. The story also has some love interest, delivered with a light touch, which I enjoyed. A great mix of thrills, tension and relationships.
on 21 September 2013
If you're expecting a rom com with a little mystery thrown in, you'll be surprised, this is a crime novel, which leaves you guessing. Then, right at the very end, comes a shocker!

You'll be surprised all the way through the twists and turns the story takes. You get taken back to the past, to a murder of a teenage girl, then back to the present, where her sister is obsessed with finding the murderer.

I knew beforehand that this book was less rom com and more mystery, and I'm glad I read it. I recommend you do too!
on 21 March 2015
I recently discovered Louise Marley via her short story An Indecent Proposal. I liked her writing, but found the subject too fluffy for my tastes so Louise kindly offered Nemesis as a more suitable read. She was absolutely right!

Nemesis is a nicely plotted, slick crime thriller. It jumps in time between the present day and fifteen years previously, gradually revealing pertinent details of an unsolved murder. The periods are linked through the presence of Natalie, our heroine and the sister of Sarah, our murder victim. While the numerous characters aren't all completely fleshed out, Natalie came across as very real, she is gutsy and impetuous, but without seeming impervious. Natalie's childhood home life was marred by her violent father and his scenes have a distinct chill which was fun to read. I thought most of the male characters were unlikeable in that they had a realistic lack of respect for the women.

Marley's descriptions of Hurst Castle and its surroundings made it easy to imagine and, if it does have a genuine counterpart, I'd certainly like to visit some day. The layers of historic detail added interest to the story.

The plot twists of Nemesis kept me guessing right to the end, actually having talked myself out of the right answer on the way. I didn't want to put the book down and kept reading way past bedtime!