Customer Discussions > The Fates forum

Negative reviews, fake reviews: Nothing can stop a great book!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 103 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Mar 2008 08:05:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Mar 2008 08:06:12 GMT
D. R. Rooney says:
The Fates! The fans love it. Fake reviews, fake rumours, and slanderous discussions can't stop this freight train. I'm off to recommend this book to some friends. Let's get this book back to its number one spot.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2008 08:10:17 GMT
Dee says:
It will be my friend!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2008 08:15:26 GMT
Dee says:
I'm off to recommend this book to some friends.

I'll join in.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2008 12:21:58 GMT
DooYou says:
I checkd it.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Mar 2008 12:35:43 GMT
DooYou says:
Da best.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2008 08:03:09 GMT
B.P. says:
I joyed it too.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2008 08:16:32 GMT
B.P. says:
And you can see my purchase 'istory.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2008 08:22:14 GMT
Dee says:
I recommend it to everyone!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2008 08:22:25 GMT
Dee says:
And everywhere!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2008 08:39:08 GMT
Marti says:
I recommend it too. I heard Tino signed with a major publisher? Can't wait to find out who. We'll know at his book signing.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2008 08:49:24 GMT
DooYou says:
I agree. None of da 1-stars have any purchase history, and hide behind the fact that Amazon allows you to keep it secret, ya? Why keep it secret? Unless you never bought the book by the author yer thrashin.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2008 09:27:55 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 1 Apr 2008 14:48:38 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2008 12:52:52 GMT
Jake says:
I bought this book over two months ago, but haven't reviewed it. I do find it fasinating the users trashing this book have NO purchase history.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2008 12:33:52 GMT
J. Belcher says:
Nonsense, Bugger off Tino + Friends you know you didn't write it, you know it's rubbish and despite the amount of people you have conned into buying it you know that your own literary ability is zero. The shame of it is that you actually believe that anyone in their right mind will believe these dumb posts. Face it, you plagiarised, you conned, you made some money. End of.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2008 16:37:20 GMT
Thank you for introducing some sanity, J Belcher. My own One-Star review disappeared mysteriously within a few days of appearing, but thanks to Amazon, it's now back up. I bought this rubbish, and am thoroughly ashamed I was so easily conned. I just hope we can discourage others from being similarly duped.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2008 04:28:43 GMT
B.P. says:
More ids by one user I see.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2008 08:54:33 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 1 Apr 2008 14:36:56 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Mar 2008 11:03:40 GMT
Get your facts right - mine is not a multiple id, you're just trying to hijack this site again!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 07:35:52 GMT
B.P. says:
I'm so sure.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 12:49:37 GMT
J. Belcher says:
My review to say that this book was the biggest load of drivel ever written never even appeared. I wasn't rude and nor did I use language unsuitable to Amazon posting, however it would appear that at that time (there were only five star reviews then) anyone with anything negative to say wasn't given the chance at all. On a lighter note my friends and I are currently writing our own book entitled '101 things to do with a copy of Tino Georgious "The Fates"' so far we have various ideas including using it for toilet paper on those days you get annoyingly caught out, replacing your rizlas with strips cut from it and smoking it, using it as kindling, attach a few pages together to make handy toilet seat covers, wrap small pieces around cocktail sticks to clean out your ears, roll up small bits to make temporary fillings, I could go on but I don't want Tino to plaigiarise my ideas for his own ends!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 13:00:09 GMT
CJ says:
LOL What a great idea.....

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 13:24:52 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Mar 2008 13:25:15 GMT
Deborah says:
There's a useful tip from one of the .com discussion threads:

"This is one of the most useful and absorbing books ever to come into my hands. It has proved invaluable for balancing my old coffee table, keeping the balcony door open and repelling amorous stray dogs from my property.

My dogs and cats can attest for its absorbency, and page for page, I'd say it's worth its weight in paper."

(with apologies to Amanda Richards - there you go TG, when you quote someone else's work, you're supposed to acknowledge it!)

The thread: http://forums.prosperotechnologies.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=am-custreview&msg=28626.1 is nothing to do with The Fates although it is, appropriately, headed 'Author keeps having my reviews removed'.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 13:57:04 GMT
CJ says:
BTW speaking of fake reviews - am I wrong or has V Winton reappeared from banishment? I thought we'd proved a) that she was one of the Chester archaeologists whose id had been pinched by our friend and b) she has been so abusive in the past that Amazon removed her. Perhaps I'm wrong and she has been there all this time but since her review is word for word plagiarized anyway from someone elses can we not get rid of it please Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 13:59:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Mar 2008 13:59:54 GMT
Deborah says:
TG's now plagiarising his own plagiarisms - the reviews by Lexico and Miss Pix are identical (and copied from elsewhere), though one of them also has an addition from a review of Pillars of the Earth on Barnes&Noble.com

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2008 14:56:37 GMT
At the same time that this V Winton's review has appeared, my own has again disappeared. Perhaps I have offended Tino by actually reading his book, unlike most of his "reviewers".
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Fates forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  103
Initial post:  19 Mar 2008
Latest post:  16 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions