on 19 June 2010
So I recently bought my first DSLR camera last week (EOS Canon 1000D). I still only have the standard Canon kit lens 18-55mm (non IS). Order these two days ago and they came this morning (good speedy delivery). As the description says, you get 7 filters in two separate carry cases which do the job just fine.

You get 4 close up filters; +1, +2, +4, +10.

These seem OK, I haven't really tried them yet but they certainly fit the thread on the end of my camera (58mm thread).

You also get 3 different filters; UV, FLD and CPL.

Haven't tried the FLD yet. The UV is a good protector for my camera lens and the CPL (Circular Polarising Lens) is perhaps the most useful.

I've seen other reviews about other cheaper CPL filters available on Amazon and was dubious of this one at first. However it does work! Just try pointing your camera at a computer monitor and turning the filter, as you rotate 180 degrees you'll slowly block out the linearised out-put of the monitor.

Overall really happy with this product, especially the CPL. One point to consider if you do order these is that because you can rotate the CPL filter there is a small amount of lubricant on the frame of the filter, just ensure non has leaked before you attach to your camera, after which you're ready to go!

Have fun!
on 21 May 2010
I purchased this kilter kit mainly for the Macro/Close-up filters to help me with a module on nature photography for a course. I use an Olympus E420 and only have 2 kit lenses for it, a 14-42 and a 40-150, I am not in a position to go out and buy a macro lens purely for the course so I thought some filters would be a good option.

Order 2 days ago, they turned up today and I went out with my trusty little E420 with the 14-42 lens and the 10x filter on it, took some test shots and I am very pleased with the results. Really good piece of kit at a really good price and great delivery.
on 14 August 2010
I actually expected very little from these at the price, but they are really surprisingly good. Of course the macro attachments can not really compete with a dedicated marco lens, but come on.... at 100th of the price... they work and work very nicely for what they are. I also love the little leather boxes that hold the filters, they are smart and handy and fit perfectly in the side pockets of my bag.

Be very careful when taking the filters out of their wrappers, these have a resealable sticky strip for ease of opening and reclosing, but if you touch the glass with them it's a bit of a pain to get the residue off.

The filters also had a few specs of dust on them - check and remove, preferably with a brush or by blowing them away, especially if you want to leave the filters on the lens as you want the area between lens and filter to be absolutely clean.

Overall one of the best bargains around!
review image review image
on 23 July 2010
I recieved the lenses a day or two after purchase, which really can't be faulted.
Lenses come in fairly robust cases, so they're easy to carry around without the worry of them being damaged.

Tried them all out on my Canon EOS 1000D with an 18-55mm EFS lens, and they're all great and fit on the thread fine. When I use the macro filters, it's easier to focus on the subject in Manual Focus mode, as the lens struggles a bit.

Also, I'd advise giving them a quick clean with glass cleaner and a soft cloth, as I found a few dirty marks on all the filters. But apart from that, it's a really good kit to have!
on 13 June 2016
For the price this is a well presented set of filters the CPL was the reason i went for the set as i required one to try some shot but didn't want to spends loads if it wasn't right for what i needed and i was pleasantly surprised the quality of the filters are really good and was a great price
on 29 April 2013
Was not quite sure what to expect with this product. Had just got a new camera and was looking at ways in which to begin getting a little more into photography and so thought I would try these. Was pleasantly suprised by the results. Being in a wheelchair means that I cannot always get into the require position and distance from the subject matter. These filters allowed me to do Macro work without having to get out of my chair and onto the floor infront of the subject. I now have some stunning close up photos of some of the flowers that were growing in my garden. I framed some of these and they make wonderful decoration in the house. Hence when the weather was bad, or the flowers finished blooming, I could look at these and enjoy the garden whilst inside. One or two that have seen these pictures have commented on them. I look forward to doing more work with these this year and thereby bringing a new selection of flowers into my home.
on 16 June 2014
I couldn't afford a dedicated macro lens, so bought these to practice with, they are great, for the price. I have got some really good close up shots and it has allowed my to practice setting up shots and be creative. For the money you can't really go wrong
on 13 May 2012
I really can't think of a cheaper way to experiment with lenses and filters on a camera. I bought these filters/lenses for my EOS550D with kit lens 18-55mm and they are great fun to experiment with. Certainly the filters are fine and do exactly what they are supposed to do. The lenses are not going to give you razor sharp macro images but you can have hours of fun finding out their limitations (and even using them artistically) and all for a fraction of the price of a genuine Macro lens.
I have to say that at this price you get more than you pay for and the Macro Lenses are useful but don't bother with them if your want to submit pictures to Nature magazine!
on 14 August 2011
Excellent product!I have some Hoya filters in other lens sizes and do not see any real difference(apart from the price!)These allow me to use my 18-55mm IS lens for much closer shots,protect the lens glass,and remove glare when necessary...I am very pleased!I do a lot of close up work on flowers etc,have a Sigma 50mm macro lens,and the Hoya sets,but being able to use these with my image stabilised standard zoom makes life much easier for about 80% of my close up shots.
on 15 August 2012
tested this out a bit now, have found individually they work quiet well, and in stacks of 2, but if you try and stack the lot up it does work but the actual focus area is very small with alot of blurring around the outside. They have been great for learning with, but at some point i will upgrade to a proper macro lens. but being as most of my photography is hobby based at the moment these more than suit my needs.