- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Please note that this product will not play on US spec 60i Blu-ray players as the Blu-ray discs are authored to UK 50i specs.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
BBC Natural History Collection Box Set [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
A collection of BBC nature documentaries.
Wild China (2008), narrated by Bernard Hill, focuses on one of the world's most enigmatic and magnificent countries. The programme delves into the country's vibrant habitats to reveal a land of unbelievable natural complexity. Journey across China, from the glittering peaks of the Himalayas to the barren steppe, the sub-Arctic to the tropical islands, through deserts both searingly hot and mind-numbingly cold and see, in pioneering images, a dazzling array of mysterious, beautiful, wild and rare creatures.
Tilda Swinton narrates Galapagos (2005), which explores the distinctive flora and fauna of the Galapagos archipelago. Charles Darwin's world within itself is the subject of this in-depth programme. The Galapagos Islands are every botanist's Shangri-La: the 13 main islands are actually underwater volcanoes and are situated at the confluence of four oceanic currents. This singular habitat, combined with its isolated location, has given rise to hundreds of varieties of flora and fauna found nowhere else but here.
South Pacific (2009) explores the vast South Pacific ocean and its many islands, giving viewers the opportunity to see beyond the white sandy beaches and palm trees. Both the wildlife and the islander's way of life and rituals are examined, showing how both cope with their remote environment. Highlights include spectacular sights of giant crabs that can open coconuts, undersea volcanos, and the use of super slow motion footage to capture the scale of some of the of the world's biggest waves.
Nature's Great Events (2009) chronicles some of the planet's most spectacular natural events, and shows how these phenomena can transform entire landscapes, drawing in millions of animals and determining their fate. The series also explains how powerful natural forces can trigger chain reactions involving everything from microscopic organisms to entire tracts of rainforest. Events featured in the series include the Pacific salmon run, the greening of the Serengeti, the plankton bloom in the Pacific Northwest, the spring thaw in the Arctic, the flooding of the Okavango Delta and the South Atlantic sardine run.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Nature's Great Events illustrates how seasonal changes transform the planet and cause some of the greatest mass natural history spectacles.
South Pacific examines the unique wildlife, history and culture of the thousands of islands and ocean which comprise this region; featuring underwater volcanos and reefs, giant coconut eating crabs and flesh eating caterpillars!
Galapagos likewise examines the uniques wildlife, flora, fauna of these amazing islands.
Finally Wild China, a detailed look at the amazing diversity of landscape and life in China, rainforests, deserts and Himalayas.
Containing four series as detailed below although just a quick synopsis does not really describe how amazing the interactions and visual imagery is.
NATURE'S GREAT EVENTS -
1. The Great Melt - Deals with the annual Arctic land and sea melt, highlights the life and death struggle of the polar bear, arctic foxes, beluga whales and narwhals who are also featured in the 10 minute diaries which follow the episode.
2. The Great Summer Run - Showing the Pacific salmons journey to their spawning site; also featuring grizzly bears and wolves in the beautiful setting of the Alaskan mountains. Diaries feature the grizzly bears.
3. The Great Migration - Follows a pride of lions surviving on the Serengeti and the mass annual migration of wildebeest and zebra
4. The Great Tide - Sardine migration along the East coast of Africa, along with gannets, dolphins, sharks and whales
5.Read more ›
The blu ray picture quality is amazing
I recommend them and you will not be disappointed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic bluray collection, recommend for everyone who like myself loves the natural world. Stunning HD. Amazing sound and the information is mind blowing.Published 16 months ago by Keiran
The camera work was totally amazing.
Mind and heart blowing stuff indeed!
The evolution sermon from Davey was the usual sermon; all about misapplying human thoughts and... Read more
This was a gift for a Friend so I couldn't comment on the programme myself but as far as I know he said it it GreatPublished 23 months ago by suzys124
The Galapagos and South Pacific documentaries shouldve been done together, they do share a fair bit of footage and Benedict Cumberbatch is a much better voice over than Tilda... Read morePublished on 8 Oct. 2013 by Galactic Aracnid