on 8 August 2009
With all the troubles besetting our hives, and agriculture at large, its encouraging to read the work of somebody that believes that we don't have to resort to harmful approaches. Ross Conrad provides a good explanation for why we should consider an organic approach and then takes us through all aspects of the process of beekeeping/bee farming. There is a 5 page afterword about Colony Collapse Disorder. Conrad notes that he and others practicing Natural or Organic Apiculture don't appear to have been as severely impacted.

He has a readable style and the book is full of first hand experience.
on 25 August 2008
This is one of the best bee books ever written!

We read up on a number before undertaking a beekeeping course. the author's approach is organic and holistic and the care of the bee is first and foremost. Varroa and various other mites/diseases are entirely avoidable if the surroundings are right.....

Read and bee changed.
on 27 September 2009
This is a fascinating book on the methods of keeping bees organically. I learned so much and now need to go back and read it again to absorb what I have forgotten. It is the most referenced book on my 'bee' shelf.
on 1 August 2013
Great book. First borrowed it from thee local library. Great book for reference purposes and re-checking information. Would recommend to all levels of beekeepers.
on 29 August 2015
Thanks. glad I bought this.
on 11 July 2009
As an experienced bee keeper I found some of the suggestion not great, but all very interesting