This practically-orientated text provides:
· An historical overview of the development of the narrative approach within the social sciences
· A guide to how narrative methods can be applied in fieldwork
· An explanation of how to incorporate a narrative approach within a research project
· Guidelines for interpreting collected or produced narratives
· A student-focused approach - key arguments and methods are illustrated by case-studies and lists of further reading
Written in an accessible and engaging manner, this detailed text will be a useful resource for researchers and students taking courses in qualitative research across a variety of social disciplines.