on 7 August 2009
Birds of Namibia (Photographic Guides)
This is a great little book for the pocket when bird watching in Namibia; I was able to identify every bird I saw - in the 5 days touring Namibia last week I identified close on 60 of the 340 Namibian birds thanks to this book. It will certainly go with me next time I am in Namibia bird watching. One caveat - the Lilacbreasted Roller (page 78) has 7 wonderful bright colours, and is even more beautiful than the image in the book.
on 13 July 2011
Bought this prior to going to Namibia. Excellent book that not only shows the birds in pictures but gives loads of additional information on sixe/shape & distribution. It is not too large to carry around with you either. Well worth getting if you are visiting the region.
on 5 November 2010
Very pleased with this little field guide. Beautiful clear photos with just a short description of each bird, enough to identify what you are looking at.

Perfect for a holiday and small enough to slip in a pocket. Very good value at around a fiver.
on 19 January 2010
I bought this book, as i am going to Namibia on a safari later on in the year. It is really good and the perfect size to slip in a backpack or large pocket. The detail is informative without going over the top. I am really pleased with my purchase.
on 5 January 2012
bought this on returning from Namibia and it is good value as a reminder of what we saw and what we missed
on 23 September 2014
Very useful guide. Have used the Uganda book in the same series a lot so knew what to expect.
on 7 November 2011
I found this book a little difficult to follow because it was based on the silhouette of the bird and would have been easier based on colour and size.Quite a few of the birds we saw weren't included in the book. However,the photos were good and more accurate in their colouring than our guides' books which were based on drawings.
on 18 February 2015
good photos which really help with identification