To beggin with the game was good, I bought it for £40 now looking back was a mistke.. it took a while to download onto my ps3 but it seemed to be worth while. I played the game for a while unlocking guns and a few bits of armour which was kind of enjoyable if you discount the bugs back then. I finally finished the main storyline and after a while it got duller and duller and I began to dislike the game for a number of reasons:
1. The game had a tacky feel, like a beta sometimes does. It just wasn't professional like a game that big should be. For example things kept glitching and you'd be speaking to a friend one minute and the next they would g silent and then appear on the other side of the map.
2. The good armour (for an dedicated gamer like myself) was extremely hard to get and meant I had to give up on a number of occasions. And was very expensive for the quality once I tried buying something.
3. Say for example you acquired a very good weapon at level 100, after levelling up very quickly as you do in the game the gun became useless and a waste of time buying from the in-game store.
4. The ark hunting was boring and tiresome, you'd shoot at an alien mother for about an hour and immediately get very bored.
5. The player vs player was, although a good concept, annoying because your 'story mode' character that you'd worked hours to get couldn't be used.
6. Although you could make your own character the choice of appearance and armour tended to be the same and ment you could have a unique look or style as originally thought to be.
I am not normally as harsher about video games as this, I love pretty much all games and have done for a while, but this one really was a let down as it looke to be a really good, ground breaking MMO FPS for the console which it eventually turned out not to be. I don't really recommend you buy other than if you like the TV show or something and I give it a 3.5/10.. Sorry