NETGEAR WN1000RP-100UKS Universal WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)
|Price:||£17.97 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£8.67 (33%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Boost existing WiFi coverage
- Helps eliminate WiFi dead zones
- Improve WiFi strength for smartphones, iPads and other mobile devices
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
NETGEAR WN1000RP-100UKS Universal WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Item Weight||100 g||200 g||245 g||345 g|
|Dimensions||3.4 cm x 5.5 cm x 6.7 cm||7.5 cm x 6.6 cm x 11 cm||11.2 cm x 7.4 cm x 4.5 cm||12 cm x 4.2 cm x 7.9 cm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
WN1000RP WiFi Booster for Mobile
NETGEAR WiFi Booster for Mobile amplifies WiFi coverage for mobile devices in the home by extending and strengthening an existing WiFi signal, giving you the ability to enjoy an improved wireless experience on iPads and Android tablets, smartphones, netbooks and e-readers.
- Boost WiFi - Amplify your network by boosting the WiFi signal around the house and even outside on the patio
- Ideal for Mobile - Extend your WiFi network for mobile devices like iPads, iPods, Android tablets, e-readers, smartphones, and netbooks<
- Reduce mobile data charges - Reduce 3G/4G mobile data usage by connecting to WiFi while at home
- Enhance Existing Equipment - Keep your current equipment and improve coverage to eliminate WiFi "dead zones"
- Easy Install - Simple install for all devices using a browser, no CD needed
- Push 'N' Connect - Push N' Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) allows for a quick and secure connection
- Optimal Coverage - Real-time LEDs locate the best placement spot to provide optimal WiFi coverage
- Universal Compatibility - Extends b/g/n WiFi signals from any existing WiFi router or service provider gateway like Belkin, Linksys, D-Link, AT&T, 2Wire, Verizon, EarthLink, NETGEAR and others*
- Superior Security - Works with all security standards including WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, mixed mode and WEP
- NETGEAR Green features - Power on/off button, 80% recycled packaging
DYNAMIC LED INDICATORS
Finds best location for optimal WiFi coverage and displays real-time, end-to-end network status.
- Connection status between router/gateway and Extender
- On/off status of Extender
- Connection status between Extender and PC
PUSH 'N' CONNECT
A secured connection at the push of a button
STEP 1: Install CD and push the button on the adapter
STEP 2: Push the Push 'N' Connect button on the router
STEP 3: Secure wireless connection
*May not be compatible with WiFi routers or gateways whose firmware has been altered or changed, including without limitation certain open source routers, or other WiFi routers or gateways with non-standard or outdated firmware.
|Product name||N150 WiFi Range Extender for Mobile||N300 WiFi Range Extender||N600 WiFi Range Extender||N600 WiFi Range Extender||AC750 WiFi Range Extender||AC1200 WiFi Range Extender|
|Placement||Wall-Plug||Wall- Plug||Desktop||Wall-Plug / Desktop||Wall-Plug||Desktop|
|WiFi Band||2.4 GHz||2.4 Ghz||2.4 Ghz & 5Ghz Dual Band||2.4 Ghz & 5Ghz Dual Band||2.4 Ghz & 5Ghz Dual Band||2.4 Ghz & 5Ghz Dual Band|
|Wired to WiFi Adapter||N/A||1-port||4-port||1-port||1-port GigE||5-port GigE|
|Mobile Device Setup||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Wi-Fi Booster for Mobile
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
There are traffic lights to indicate the signal strength. If the extender is in the same room the light is green to show a good strength connection. However you only have to move it one room either way and the light is red. Our rooms are small, I am only talking 12ft from the router.
On the plus side the setup is a snip, you only press 2 buttons and bingo it has connected to your network and applied your current security settings. For us this was wpa2. I have given 2 stars purely for this.
No use to us though if it cannot actually extend the signal. What a shame, it seemed so hopeful. Our main router is Netgear and we have always been really happy with them.
Ah well time to box up and return. I think maybe we have been unlucky with a duff unit as there are so many positive reviews for this unit, hence why we bought it in the first place. It shows a poor strength connection in every room so maybe the aerial inside just
The original BT signal is stronger than the _ext signal unless you hold your mobile next to it. Worse still it seems to kill the speed also. We don't have fast internet, average of 2.5 mbs/s but through the netgear extender all I could manage was 0.6 mbs/s?????
Don't waste your money on this rubbish. Shouldn't have gone for the cheap option and should have bought home plug solution in the first place.
The WN1000RP extends WiFi by about a meter. It also, however, has pretty poor reception range itself, and so needs to be placed just close enough to the router to get good signal. This ends up meaning your WiFi reception is pretty much the same as it was before you wasted your money.
Unfortunately in more recent times I have had the misfortunate to experience extremely poor wireless routers, powerline adapters, NAS devices and now this Wi-Fi extender made by them.
As others have commented, the WPS connection to a BT HomeHub just doesn't seem to work. No big deal for me, I always prefer to get into the guts of the device and setup the connection manually, so went for this option instead, and got the extender to talk to my HomeHub successfully.
The reason for buying a WiFi extender? Obviously to extend my WiFi signal into the far corners of my house which are just on the edge of the otherwise excellent signal from the HomeHub.
Does this device do this? No.
Using an iPad to connect to the extender, I get the full three WiFi bars if I'm standing directly in front of the extender, within a few metres. If I move to the side of the extender, within the same room, barely 2m from it, it suddenly drops to 1 bar. In my other upstairs rooms, I'm getting 1 bar from the extender, while still managing 2 bars from the HomeHub.
So basically, utter rubbish.
Edit 2 weeks later: OK just feel the need to edit this a bit, as although it works MOST of the time, the extender quite often just drops the internet signal for minutes at a time. Right now I'm writing this connected to my original wifi signal, as my laptop is unable to connect to the _EXT one. Also I found that although internet surfing works great, download speed on the _EXT signal is a lot slower than on the original signal. (80mins for a movie on iTunes vs 40mins on normal network)
Edit few months later: Well I've dropped this to 1 star now. 75% of the time, it connects but just says 'no internet access' on the _EXT signal. The SKY signal that it extends, is fine and has not stopped once. I only have internet on the extender 25% of the time which is useless.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The item is suppose to boost signal. It is setup midway between the original router and the weak spot in the dwelling. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Mr. Ciaran Doherty
utterly shocking does not work from my conservatory to my patio...... 10 feet !!!! i have a TV outside in my patio, i connected the extender next to my router to set it up then... Read morePublished 10 days ago by Glenn Andrews
DO NOT BUY this product. My internet on IPad is slower with this this device then without it.Published 11 days ago by yoni
fixed all the dead spots in the house ( using ot to extend the ntergear router)Published 20 days ago by JP