- Computers & Accessories > Networking Devices > PowerLAN Adapters
- Computers & Accessories > Networking Devices > Routers
- Computers & Accessories > Networking Devices > WiFi Boosters
- Computers & Accessories > Networking Devices > Wireless Access Points
- PC & Video Games > Accessories > Networking Equipment
NETGEAR EX6200-100UKS AC1200 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Range Extender (WiFi Booster)
- Next generation 802.11ac technology connects faster with dual band access
- Beamforming+ focuses WiFi signals directly to wireless devices
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The AC1200 WiFi Range Extender boosts your existing home network by increasing WiFi range and speed, delivering 11ac dual band WiFi at upto 1200 Mbps. It works with any router and provides WiFi for HD video streaming and gaming, even in the remotest corners of your home.
NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender
2x 5dbi Antenna
From the Manufacturer
Wi-Fi Analytics App
How strong is your Wi-Fi signal? Use the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Analytics app to get enhanced analytics to optimise your existing or newly extended Wi-Fi network. Check your network status, Wi-Fi signal strength, identify crowded Wi-Fi channels and much more.
- Network status
- Channel interference meter and graph
- EZ mobile connect - Scan QR code to connect to your home network
- Wi-Fi strength by location
AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
802.11ac, 700 mW, Dual Band, Gigabit, Desktop, External Antennas
Ultimate Range. High Power Next Generation Wi-Fi.
- Extends 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi signals from existing WiFi routers for better range
- Dual Band AC1200
- Powerful 800 MHz dual core processor
- 700 mW high-power amplifiers
- 5 dBi high-gain antennas
- Beamforming+ for improved reliability
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- FastLane feature provides high-speed Wi-Fi on both wireless bands and is ideal for HD gaming and video streaming
Ultimate Range. High Power Next Generation Wi-Fi
Get ultimate range and performance you need for iPads, smartphones, laptops and more.
Enjoy Life in the Fast Lane
With FastLane technology, use both Wi-Fi bands to establish one super speed connection; ideal for HD streaming and gaming.
Connectivity You Can't be Without
With five Gigabit ports that act as a Wi-Fi bridge, the AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender is also ideal for connecting up to five devices like gaming consoles, smart TVs and streaming players to your Wi-Fi network, upgrading all of your entertainment devices to 11AC speed in a single shot.
Mobile Up to 100% Faster
Improve your mobile WiFi speeds by up to 100% with AC1200 WiFi Range Extender! Dual core processor, 700mW high-powered amplifiers & 5dBi external antennas help extend WiFi coverage throughout large homes and even backyards. Beamforming+ focuses WiFi signals to WiFi devices. With signals locked onto your device, experience what it really means to be mobile!
Print Wirelessly. From Anywhere.
From your phone in the kitchen, just press PRINT. By the time you walk into the office, your print is ready. Plug your printer into the USB port and the range extender supports AirPrint to let you print from your iPhone or iPad.
In a Deadzone? Not Anymore.
Is there a void space between your WiFi router and your devices? Add a WiFi Range Extender and strengthen your connection for ultimate experience in connectivity.
AC1200 (300 Mbps+900 Mbps)
Dual Band 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Create faster dual band Wi-Fi access with 802.11ac technology up to 1200 Mbps
- 700 mW high-power amplifiers and high-gain 5 dBi antennas for maximum Wi-Fi coverage.
- Wirelessly share and access USB storage connected to the USB 3.0 port.
- Powerful dual core ARM A9 processor enables maximum Wi-Fi throughput at Gigabit speed.
- Focuses Wi-Fi signals directly to wireless devices for more reliable connections
- Connect up to five wired devices like Blu-ray players, game consoles, smart TVs or streaming players to your Wi-Fi network.
- Print documents and photos to any USB printer connected to the Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- Use both Wi-Fi bands to establish one super high-speed connection; ideal for HD streaming and gaming.
|Product name||N150 Wi-Fi Range Extender for Mobile||N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender||N600 Wi-Fi Range Extender||N600 Wi-Fi Range Extender||AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender||AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender|
|Placement||Wall-Plug||Wall-Plug||Desktop||Wall-Plug / Desktop||Desktop||Desktop|
|WiFi Band||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz Dual Band||2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz Dual Band||2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz Dual Band||2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz Dual Band|
|Wired to WiFi Adapter||-||1-port||4-port||1-port||1-port GigE||5-port GigE|
|Mobile Device Setup||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The Netgear WN2000RPT, by contrast, was a dream. No fiddling about with temporary fixed IP addresses, subnet masks, network cables and CDs. It plugged into the mains, then after a minute or so broadcast its own wireless signal. I connected with that and was automatically directed to the range extender's own browser-based setup menu. Linking to my existing home network through that menu, and setting up network names and security codes, was simplicity itself.
What's more, the extender does not appear to be fazed by being switched off, breaks in the original network signal, or suchlike, things that had caused me such problems with my Edimax. It also has an on-off toggle switch and four network cable sockets (I haven't yet tried connecting to them) and a light which changes colour to indicate signal strength. Another light shows when a computer is connected.
I have only had the product for a day as yet, but as the tone of this review suggests I am delighted with it. So far as I can see it provides very acceptable signal strength and range. It is more expensive than some range extenders, but sometimes you get what you pay for. Recommended.
After spending a little time trying to set the extender up I found out why I was having some issues. This is what I did:
1. Before turning on the extender, check the networks on your machine. ( I for some reason had another 4 networks on my PC no idea why, but apart from your own router which you will see with your own SSID, any other that you do not know delete. (Because of these other wireless networks the extender would not connect to internet although it would to the router/modem)
2. Fire up the extender
3. Connect via wireless to NETGEAR_EXT which when you scan for wireless networks you will see.
4. Once connected open your browser, this will take you to the Netgear config wizard. (Make sure your extender is as far away from your router as you can) Carry out the wizard instructions.
5. You will need to enter your wireless network key for the extender to connect to your router/modem.
6. On completion you will now notice two of your networks (eg. NETWORK111 and NETWORK111_EXT one is your router/modem and the other with suffix _EXT is the extender.
Please be aware that if you have a good enough signal without the extender do not connect as this slows everything down I found. The extender is designed to be used "out of range" or on the border of a signal.
I highly recommend to anyone in a similar position this product.
To my surprise there is a button on the Wireless Virgin router which is the WEP button the manual describes, it's not labelled as such (it's got the Virgin logo on it) but is lit up, strange, it must be some kind of industry standard (you know how these instruction manuals can leave you wondering what you're missing), so the set up was easy enough for us.
The signal was boosted immediately and everybody then got one, it took a little configuring but we found that height worked best for us. The rule of being in the centre of where you'd eventually like the signal to end up was only part of the solution, there are of course many other technical settings to change on ones router e.g. Channel hopping, Frequency set to 5GHz...
In our house we had various different machines, makes and models so there was never going to be a perfect solution, but this was better than tin foil on a pan.
Having reached the point where the former was more irksome than the installation I went for the Netgear solution, partly hoping that my existing if oldish b & g Netgear router would be compatible with this new n-rated kit - it is.
Basically, unless you have a WPS button on your existing wireless router to match the one on the Extender, you are likely to go through the following pain threshold to achieve a working set up.
Read the inadequate set up guide, scratch your head, make a cuppa, then register your product on the Netgear website, which helps smooth access to 90 days of free telephone support.
Phone 0844 875 4000, and select option one which offers 'Technical support for all black and white products.' I thought this was some sub-brand of Netgear, but it is literally all their kit in black and white cases including this Range Extender.
You will quickly be in the capable hands of a technician who sorts it in 15 minutes. It's good to use an ethernet cable initially to transfer settings, so have one to hand - not included in the purchase and not mentioned in the guide. The telephone support is quickly accessed on a Monday after lunch and makes it all work. Why they cannot print this step by step set up process remains a mystery as I can read. But, hey, April, it was more fun chatting to you, so perhaps I shouldn't grumble. And just think of the remaining 88 days of free support ...
One other thing about the Netgear router and the new Extender - they both produce a signal which is like a fountain in shape - so a lot of the juice goes upwards - this suggests siting the units downstairs is the best solution as the first floor gets a good soaking. Four stars because the instructions rely on telephone support and the unit price is relatively high - but a secret 5 * for April ...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So far so good, previous netgear extender, plug in, got 30 mbs, now get 130 mbs, so all good, only a reduction of 70 mbs from 200 as where my router is positioned. So cant complainPublished 11 days ago by chris bentley
Used with a virgin router, great when it works but can have random tantrums. When that happens you have to go into it's configuration menu and repair it etc. Read morePublished 12 days ago by J Brown
Bought this as a upgrade to the ex6200 well worth the money the ex7000 is mind Browning a top productPublished 12 days ago by Sydney Brown
Used to repeat a Wi-Fi signal from next door to an out building (car sales pitch). This works fine but I leave out one star because it falls short when it loses connection with the... Read morePublished 15 days ago by One Cat Fanatic
Bought to improve wifi from BT home hub 5, as it was very laggy, constant waiting for load of web pages etc. Read morePublished 15 days ago by AL
So far after just a few days, all working OK, easy to set up, but read the instructions first...(not like me), thery are short and clear.... Read morePublished 16 days ago by Mike S