on 21 November 2014
This game just runs and runs worth every penny, if you have played the first madam fate you will know all the characters involved in this absorbing story, great graphics and the music just fits perfectly, not like other games where its played over and over again to the point where it has to be muted, but not this. What I really like is that it has been well thought out and a few new tricks added into the hidden object scenes, playing cards of the characters, bobble heads to be located and money to collect and spent in the shop.The idea is to rescue all the carnival workers and help them escape the puzzles are not to difficult to solve and there are lots of hints and help on offer to guide you through if you become stuck.
If you need a break from the game you can have a game of Solitaire and this in turn if you win will add more money for you to spend in the shop throughout the game or at the end.
Once the game has been completed you can then play the bonus chapter that in itself is like another game. If that still is,nt enough there is a bonus door challenge to be completed.
I really have enjoyed playing this game its the best so far in the Mystery Case File series I am looking forward to play the new game Spirit of Blackpool. Well worth the money.
on 10 August 2014
This has to be one of the best HOGs I have ever played. They normally take me a couple of hours but this just runs and runs, with bonus games and extra rooms. There isn't an over the top number of HOGS, the mini games are real brain twisters - kept me busy for days and days and I still haven't completed every element. Great game!
on 17 August 2014
Totally absorbing game with great graphics and it really makes you think. I have not finished it yet - I think it will take me ages as there is so much to do. Great value, well thought out game. I have played loads of these, and this is up among the best.
on 10 May 2015
I love these types of games and decided to give this one a try. I understand this is sort of a sequel to 'Madame Fate' which I haven't played previously but I managed to get by without the back story.

In terms of a challenge and how long it takes to complete the game, you definitely get your money's worth. Lots of areas to explore within the carnival, lots of mini puzzles and items you need to work out where they need to go. If you take a look at a walk-through of the game, you will see it's split into 14 chapters, previous games under the Big Fish Games logo tend to be under 10 chapters, so there is a lot of game time with this. At times, some of the puzzles were a bit frustrating, but I suppose that it is part of the enjoyment - no fun if it's too easy. Also, you are given a cat to help you, this adds a new dimension as you don't sometimes realise that it's the cat you need to help you get an item rather than something in the inventory. There is a decent map, which highlights areas of interests and acts as a great transporter between areas. You can also collect other items such as pound notes and morphing objects, which provide a different sort of challenge.

This game has been rated as a 12, and in my opinion it is not suited to younger children anyway. There were a few moments that made me jump out of my seat and I'm not easily frightened, especially by a game. Plus with the general level of the challenges, a child could get easily frustrated.

Overall, it took me a while to get into it and like it, but once I did, it was difficult to stop playing. If you like these sorts of games, this will provide a great but fun challenge. Anyone new to the genre might find it better to try something else a go first (there's plenty of games out there) before moving on to this one. I do like the Big Fish Games and will be looking for my next fix in the near future.
on 20 July 2014
I look forward to the new Mystery Case Files game each year and this one did not disappoint. I enjoyed it more than its predecessor Shadow Lake. This game is for adventure gamers and puzzle lovers, so those of you that love shoot em ups or screen after screen of hidden objects this is not for you. As always the game has a great atmosphere and music. You can decide how difficult you want the game to be and there are no trimmed sequences (I hate them). Apart from the main game which includes collecting items and utilizing them, following clues and solving puzzles there are lots of other fun things to collect and awards to be achieved. This particular addition also includes a bonus chapter. A total bargain for under £8!
on 19 October 2014
Great game, haven't finished it yet. I needed to use the hint button to go from one location to another as you need to keep going back and forth to get to the next level. There are fantastic puzzle games at the end of every level - these are really well thought out, I love them. I personally prefer puzzle games so this is the game for me as there are some but not too many hidden object scenes.
on 8 October 2014
This is a great game, like all the Mystery Case Files. I am currently working my way through the levels and just don't want it to end until there is another game out! Same clever humour, and same characters with an overlap with Ravenhearst. Fab!
on 12 August 2014
Great game, nice graphics, recommend highly.
on 5 November 2014
Not as good as the original Madam Fate game but not bad. The only thing I did not like was that the puzzles although not difficult tended to wander with little connection between what you have to do and where the site is. Madam fate was excellent so to be as good would have taken some doing.
The characters were flat compared to the original and the storyline was not as interesting.
on 1 January 2015
Developers have left few 'bugs' in the game. Few times the items that I have already ‘collected’ would just disappear for no apparent reason - and they were needed later in the game. I had to start the game completely from the beginning few times. The last time that happened I just gave up. I have never seen the end of the game. Otherwise, good puzzles.