on 31 May 2004
For a while now, I've been coming across the term "NLP". Apart from a vague idea that it's something to do with "reprogramming" yourself, I had no idea what it actually was.
Then a company had a promotion and sent this booklet to me for free and I finally understood that NLP puts you in charge of yourself and allows you (and not your emotions) to consciously determine your actions and reactions to things.
This is a tiny little book and is a very basic introduction to the world of NLP. In the 20 minutes it takes to read it, you'll gain an understanding of what it is and how it could help in your life. While the book contains a couple of exercises, it doesn't actually teach you any methods but that is not it's intention. It's intention is to make you want to learn more about the subject - with me it succeeded in its aim.
This is a definite 5 star booklet in that it does it's job and gives you an excellent intro to the subject. But, although I know that you can't put a price on knowledge, I am only giving it 4 stars because at £3.95, it is a bit of a pricey pamphlet. I'd only recommend it for complete beginners who need a definition of NLP. For anyone else, I'd recommend going straight to a book with a bit more meat.
on 2 January 2012
I had been searching for a book to introduce me to NLP for a long time. I had bought many books, but there was nothing out there that was straight forward and easy to understand. They all had too much detail and were in my opinion written for experienced practitioners.

This book is different.

It manages to sum up NLP in short, easy to understand chapters which make sense of the topic without over complicating it. We all learn differently. For me it is short chunks of information that I can read,and understand and this was just what I was looking for.

Next step, to get myself on a course to take this further.

Thank you Georges for your clear thinking and simple methods of teaching which don't over complicate what you write about.
on 10 November 2001
Have you ever wondered what NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming)is? Have you ever wished you could change your life? If so, this is the book for you. It explains many of NLP's basic concepts in only 6000 words and makes you believe they can work. It is only a basic introduction to the subject but it leads you to examine the way you and others behave. I had to read to the end in one sitting.
on 1 February 2014
I already knew what NLP was and hoped to be taught some exercises so that I could start to practice the method but this book very basically went through the ideas and actually taught me nothing. As a little book, I also expected that I could use the book as a reference for my own improvements but this was not an option.
The book even admits that the aim was to simply make the reader more curious to read more literature on the subject, so for me was totally pointless in the end, I had already gathered this limited information from the internet for free.
The book taught me nothing new and cannot be used as a little reference guide or reminder of NLP and did not warrant having any charge for its use.
on 2 July 2013
After being advised to read " families and how to survive them" my eyes were opened , but now what to do to change my behaviour ?
I'm not a fan of self help books but wanted something that l could trust and work with .
NLP is a phrase that I'd heard but wasn't even sure what it was about and it seems to be just what I'm looking for
This little book makes sense.
It is only an introduction but it makes you aware of decisions you make and why you make them ,by unconsciously adding meanings to words ,tones or actions all of which are pre programmed by us individually.
No wonder we can have problems communicating.
Interesting stuff .
on 20 March 2014
I chose this book in order to gain knowledge and understanding on the subject of N L P. I shall now be more careful of the words and tone of voice used when speaking to others.
on 11 February 2013
This book is short and sweet and perfect for someone starting out in the world of NLP or just wanting to try and get a quick overview of what it is about. It's no frills explanations make it easy to understand and will definitely leave you wanting to know more. The two exercises are well worth doing and give you a small glimpse of how your life could be positively impacted by the fascinating world of NLP !
on 9 July 2013
Good start but poor value given the price and then the glimpses into techniques not taken forward. I would have brought a full book if I had known this was a sucker punch and now to do anything, I have to buy again
on 28 January 2013
This is the second book on nlp I have read and I found it very interesting and easy to understand. Would recommend for anyone wanting an understandable and straightforward explanation of what it is.
on 19 May 2012
Punchy to the point and perfect for someone who knew nothing about the subject. Do not buy if you already understand NLP.

Taught me a lot in a few pages, read it in 30 minutes.