Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 July 2013
Lovely book some great recipes we all love. Quick, Easy and simple to follow. I also got the weaning book.
on 14 June 2013
I like that there are pictures for each dish. My son is a very fussy eater at 3 and a half. He loves to help me prepare the dishes and he eats up all his food! Fab ideas!
VINE VOICEon 15 January 2011
A new series of recipe books by Ebury Publishing called My Kitchen Table. The series is accompanied by a website:[...] which includes recipes and videos and also information about the chefs. There are currently seven books within the series all written by some of the top chefs and cover a number of genres: curries, family meals, cakes and bakes, pasta meals, stir fries, fish and meals in minutes.

Annabel Karmel's book is on family meals and is split into seven sections: breakfast bites, chicken, fish, meat, veggie, snacks and sweet treats. Each section contains many recipes which are accompanied by full page, colour photographs. There is a brief introduction to each recipe which often includes some history to the meal or some quick tips. The recipe details how many it will serve, a full ingredient list and the instructions are split into up to five steps. The recipes are easy to follow and some include alternative suggestions to the recipes.

The recipes included in the book all look gorgeous and will appeal to adults and children alike. There are soups and main meals. pasta dishes, rice dishes and pizzas to name but a few. Children will enjoy looking through the book for something to have for dinner and are sure to find something that appeals. There are also recipes for power packed oat bars which is something I am planning on trying to try and stop reaching for chocolate mid afternoon.

I would recommend this book to busy parents everywhere, a great book which should be in every family's busy kitchen.
on 25 February 2015
Excellent-great recipes. Easy to do and can be made for the whole family. Definitely would recommend this book to all
on 19 July 2011
I'm a bit of a AK fan and when I saw this book, I thought for the price it seemed like a good idea. I've been really pleased with it and it's a real bargain! I am rather surprised however at the number of recipes which contain sugar, seems a lot of the main courses do but I just miss it out.
Planning to invest in the rest of the series.
on 23 November 2011
Have been using a number of these recipes on my fussy two and a half year old with great success. Only downsides are that there is a bit of duplication with other AK recipe books and that there are a lot of ingredients so can be a bit more time consuming to make - but worth the effort!
on 14 February 2016
It has some good recipes which you can either follow or adjust as you like. Delivery was prompt and my kids seem to be eating more fruits and vegetables. Though I am still told I have no culinary skills.
on 21 March 2012
Very compact and easy to use. Quite a few pictures, maybe could have a picture for every meal as it is nice to see what it looks like before attempting to make it. Happy with the purchase
on 19 March 2011
Annabel Karmel, familiar to many parents the top dog of baby and toddler cookery, has produced family cookbook that would be welcome addition to any home. All the recipices focus on being appealing to both adults and children with some being able to be given to babies and toddlers, also noted is which freeze well. The book is neatly spilt into different sections, breakfast, veggie dish, chicken, fish ect, Which makes it easy when you look in the fridge and think right I've got chicken what can I make with that filp to the chicken section and voila. Also, in the rare event that I manage to plan meals more than an hour and a half in advance, it gives you a way of planing a variety of meals over the week head.
The book is small, about the size of your average paperback, which means it can be tucked into your bag and taken to the supermarket or flipped through on the bus. Each recipe takes up one page with the ingredients neatly listed down the side and an accompanying picture on the other page. The down side to this being that it doesn't stay open terribly well when you are cooking.
As with all Annabel Karmel recipes there seems to be quite a lot of washing up created and a love of using Gruyere cheese. It should also be added that some of these recipes are not new (or have been altered very slightly) they have been featured in previous books, the banana bread springs to mind as an expamle. However its worth the purchase for the hidden veggie pasta sauce alone.
on 26 August 2014
This is my favourite recipe book and it has so far been real good value for money! I have cooked at least a fifth of all the recipes so far. I use it regularly and many pages are already scibbled with my own comments. AK has gathered a useful selection of classic popular dishes from various cultures plus some surprising combinations. Most recipes contain a lot of vegetables, which I find important when preparing family meals. Many dishes are also suitable for freezing, so I tend to cook big batches. The small size of the book makes it a handy book to have around in the kitchen at all times (whereas I store other recipe books away) - Anyway, thanks to this booklet I need less other recipe books! I am going to order a few copies to gift to other mums.
We particularly like the banana bread (which is sometimes mistaken for a chocolate cake although it contains no chocolate!) and Pad Thai (The various ingredients to this dish are however a real investment, so it makes sense to cook it regularly or to try other recipes from the book which ask for them)