on 19 February 2008
from the LEAPFROG book series.

From the back cover:-

`Little Red Hen is very excited when she finds some grains of wheat. But will any of the animals help her grow them?'

Example of text:-

`Little Red Hen found some grains of wheat.
"Who will help me plant them?" asked Little Red Hen.
"Not I!" said Cat.
"Not I!" said Dog.
"Not I!" said Rat.......'

And so Little Red Hen sets about the task herself, as the laid-back animals continue to be unhelpful ........until their attitude changes towards the end!

32 high quality shiny pages in the popular 2-page spread format. Numbered pages with clear, easy-to-follow text.
Beautifully illustrated in vibrant colours throughout, this book is further enhanced by relevant facial expressions and the repeat negative theme!

`Leapfrog has been specially designed to fit the requirements of the National Literacy Strategy. It offers real books for beginning readers by top authors and illustrators.'

There are a number of `Leapfrog' stories to choose from and these are listed on the very last page.