From the Author
Handy tricks and trivia
Originally "Murderous Maths" was to be a one-off book, but since its success (in several languages) it is now the first of a series. It contains a range of information, tricks, quirky elements and a reminder of some of the handy basic details which adults have all too often forgotten since school! There are an array of bizarre characters (e.g. Professor Fiendish, Urgum The Axeman, One-Finger Jimmy's mob...) but above all NO BORING EXERCISES and NO NASTY SUMS! Although intended as home entertainment, it is also to be found in many school libraries.
--This text refers to an alternate
From the Back Cover
- Murderous Maths--are you kidding?
- The basics
- Professor Fiendish's fatal fungus
- The best invention ever!
- How our "ten" system works
- Rubbish things about calculators
- The long and short of it
- The quest for the right angle
- The hard boys of maths
- The magic square
- A really good magic trick
- How to handle big numbers
- Symmetry and the mindmashing maze