Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
Munro Map Map – Folded Map, 5 May 1998
|New from||Used from|
Map, Folded Map, 5 May 1998
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
A clear 1:350000 map detailing all of Scotland’s mountain’s over 3000 feet.
The updated Munro tables showing 284 Munro summits and 227 tops.
Large scale insets of the Cuillins, Lochnagar and Glen Coe to Lochaber.
Detailed full colour mapping showing physical relief.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Personally I find the block colouring off putting, but then that'd be years of staring at OS maps rubbing off on me. This actually made it feel a little cartoonish, which put me off a bit.
Questions I'd have liked to ask before buying it were how much area does it cover (whole of west coast, as far east as Dundee, north as Cape Wrath and south as Edinburgh), does it contain rail lines and roads (yup) and does it have any other hills marked (yup, but as for the reasons why I'm left guessing - there seems to be little explanation for the smattering of other tops marked).
Worth getting for a quick overview of the whole area, and the tables are handy, I suppose, but slightly less inspiring than I'd hoped.
As the other reviewer says, it has roads and railways, just enough detail to plan, but it's not a map for getting around with, it's best used for planning and suggesting new areas to visit. Even better, the little triangles indicating summits can be coloured in as you complete them - very rewarding!
I decided that I'd plan to conquer ALL of them.
This map is great - however I must admit I have only done one more Munro after my purchase
I think I'd need to live to 200 to get them all done
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Fitness & Exercise > Walking
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Climbing & Mountaineering
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Active Pursuits > Walking, Hiking & Trekking
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Publisher & Series > Collins
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Special Interests > Road & Car
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Special Interests > Walking and Hiking