Format: PaperbackChange

on 2 February 2008
More trouble is in the air as an unwanted guest comes to St Barty's, book characters come out of books, Class Three go to France, Mr Majeika's spells are far too strong and Hamish Bigmore is being very mischievous!

Okay, let's talk about the author of this brilliant book, Humphrey Carpenter. This renowned author has written award winning biographies, the famous Mr. Majeika series, well-known plays and well-loved musicals. Now here are some facts you probably didn't know about him: He studied in Oxford where he was born and brought up, his wife was a co-author and his old career was working for the BBC as a producer before becoming a full time author!

I would rate this set of three tales 8/ 10 and I would recommend it to all fluent readers from 6 - 100 (and beyond).
on 5 November 2013
These books seem to be perfectly pitched for young fluent readers. My grandson loves the silly magic in a familiar school setting and thought the badly behaved kid popping up on tv programs was hilarious.
on 17 October 2014
My six year old son loves the Mr Majeika books and reads them by himself on a night. You can hear him chuckling to himself as he does. Would highly recommend any of the Mr Majeika books.
on 7 January 2013
I am 7 and I have 2 more books to read in the series and so far so good. I give this book 5 stars because it is very creative.