Update: I've uploaded some photos showing battery insertion procedure. Very easy. This shows that the main housing stays in place.
Mr Beams have become my number one choice since buying one of their products at a lightning deal. In fact it was the back version of this same item.
The durable, high quality materials used really exceeded my expectations. I was also surprised by the bulk of this light! Yet it has to house 4 D Cell batteries.
I mounted the black version one in my back garden, due to the fact that the colour did not match the facade of my drive in. I am so glad that the white is on offer at lightning deal (pity I can only buy one, yet it is only fair that deals should be available this way)
- Top notch build quality
- Very bright light thanks to the new LEDs which are more powerful with no impact on battery life.
- Wireless. Can use rechargeable D cell batteries (which I highly recommend)
- Battery life is exceptional. ( Yet you will want to place the unit in an easily accessible location). If mounted on a facade to light up doorway, some testing is required as to get the correct angle. You would want to avoid unnecessary triggering caused by passers by.
- Truly weatherproof design. We have had torrential rain, and the unit still functions perfectly.
- Very easy to install.
- Deterrent for would be thieves. And I rate this as a key selling factor.
- Remains functional in the unlikely event of power outage.
- Wireless design might not appeal to all.
Bottom line: I really like Mr Beams lights as they are really the best on the market. I highly recommend the MB380 for those looking for a wireless, effective solution.