- Designed around the Level 2 specification, this easy-to-use and relevant handbook is a vital success tool for Level 2 Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Learners.
- Covers Level 1 specification topics, so Level 1 learners can develop their knowledge using the handbook and bridge the gap between Level 2 and further study.
- Real-work focus fuels candidates' aspirations, helping them to put their learning into the context of real maintenance and repair scenarios.
- Straightforward and appropriate language is tailored specifically to the motorcycle industry and, with an attractive layout, keeps learners focused, engaged and provides them with an easy-to-reference working manual.
- Detailed assessment practice gives your learners the preparation they need to tackle assessments with confidence and achieve the best results they can.
Having left school at the age of 16, I began my motor-vehicle career as a trainee commercial vehicle technician for a Ford main agent.
After this initial year, I moved into the light vehicle sector to complete my apprenticeship with an independent garage. During this period, I was a national finalist for the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) junior mechanic of the year.
Following the completion of my apprenticeship, I continued with the same organisation, developing my skills as a diagnostic technician, specialising in light vehicle management systems, electrics and electronics. During this period I also became a qualified motorcycle technician and VOSA nominated tester for cars and motorcycles.
After 17 years at the same company, and working my way through to senior management, I left to become an instructor of motor vehicle technology with an independent training provider. Here I developed my training skills, and taught for organisations such as Mercedes-Benz.
I now work for a large further education college as a lecturer in motor vehicle technology. I teach all levels, from one to four, in light vehicle and I'm the programme leader and main technology lecturer for the organisations motorcycle programme.
I am a specialist diagnostic trainer, designing and delivering programs in areas such as, light vehicle air conditioning, electrics, electronics and diagnostics.