on 11 June 2000
I (57) got this book as a present, because I also found a black kitten in the wilderness. I didn't know, because I'm German, that the author is a well-known vet. But mthis book is written in a style, you like to read to children. It isn't childish and they can learn a lot.( I was a kindergarten head teacher). The illustrations are loveable and they remind me always of my holiday in Yorkshire. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I love the book!
on 18 January 2006
I had this book given to me as a present when i was about 2 or 3 and i've loved it ever since! It has everything a good childrens' book should have, a great heart warming storyline and beautiful illustrations. It isn't patronising, i think almost every child would enjoy either having it read to them or reading it themselves. I've had this book for about 22 years and i'll definately be reading it to my children when i have them!
on 8 November 2012
Bought this book when my girls were little; 26 and 29 now. The eldest reminiscing a while ago said how much she had loved it as a child. Thanks to Amazon managed to find a copy. Typical James Herriot who tells a good story about this little kitten. A good read, a proper story, well put together. Would recommend to any one who wants a good book for their children.
on 11 February 2014
Excellent condition, great book
Arrived on time. One of a series and we now have the two full sets for both houses of grandchildren.
on 14 October 2014
Great stories from James Herriot, but my favourite is still "Only One Woof".
on 4 January 2015
Not quite sure the age group it's meant for.
on 24 September 2014
Great short stories for children
on 3 January 2016
Don`t remember so nothing unfavourable.