Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop Suki Ad Campaign Pieces Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now Halloween Pets Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Learn more Shop now
Customer Discussions > Mortlock forum

Mortlock - A Great Debut Book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Mar 2010 09:19:42 GMT
G. Williams says:
I bought this book at a pre release signing, it's a striking book to look at with bright green and black cover, and menacing black pages. Inside it lives up to the expectations. A brother and sister are thrown together in a battle against some nasty pieces of work to to find a flower and in the process discover their past.

The book is a good read, fast paced but detailed enough to put the 'movie' in your head. I can visaulize this on the big screen. The end is reached at high pace, and doesn't fail to deliver.

The only snag, is that I've heard this is the first of 3 books, and finishes rather too nicely, there is no natural (if such a thing is possible with Mortlock) next step to be taken.

I await the next book with interest.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2010 18:52:20 GMT
J. Mayhew says:
Thanks so much for your positive response. Mortlock is indeed the first of three books but they are stand alone stories set in the same world and time. You'll recognise supporting characters in Book2 "The Demon Collector."
Best wishes
Jon Mayhew.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mortlock forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  16 Mar 2010
Latest post:  24 Mar 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mortlock by Jon Mayhew (Hardcover - 5 April 2010)
4.3 out of 5 stars (29)