4.7 out of 5 stars1,903
Colour: Black|Change

on 10 February 2016
I have had this slow cooker since the 16th December 2015 and have used it at least twice a week since receiving it. I am a single bloke and this slow cooker is ideal for preparing and cooking quality meals (most meals I have prepared in under 10 mins then leave to slow cook for 8 hours and hey presto 2 - 4 nights dinners when you arrive home.
I have used all the normal cooking sauces that do not state slow cooker friendly and all the results have been super. The best currys are the ones from Aldi with the spices seperate. Just fry off your meat, onions and veg off in the slow cooker pot on the hob, add the spices give it a stir then add the sauce. I recommend filling the sauce bottle up by 1/4 with water put the lid on and shake then you use all the sauce and the final result is perfect and not watery. I have also cooked brisket in it, just pop it in on a chopped onion with 1/4 pint of water and an oxo cube. Also done a full roast chicken, tip for this put tin foil balls into the slow cooker to raise the chicken off the juices that are created. This stops the chicken from breaking down and also makes a wonderful gravy. Sorry to waffle on but it is a great product for a great price and if you have been thinking of purchasing one GO FOR IT you will wonder how you lived without it. I have also lost weight as its easy to prepare quality wholesome food that retains all the goodness.
on 8 November 2013
So far with the aid of the recipe book I also bought through Amazon I have made soups, casseroles and cakes.

It's a fantastic device that I actually got a year ago & these 3 I ordered recently were for presents & for a friend who had asked me to order for her.

I'm told some slow cookers only have 2 settings, I definitely recommend this one with 3 settings as I use all of them depending on what I'm cooking.

This one is an 'upgrade' from what I bought as mine is the conventional crockery dish but this one the dish can be used on the hob first before being inserted into the slowcooker which means you can do all the 'quick frying' of meat/onions etc in the same pan.

You need a cookbook but once you get the hang of it it's so quick to prepare the food & then just pop it in and go to work or go about your day without having to do anything else!
88 comments|309 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2014
I am not a red meat fan,I eat it as my wife likes the meat,but since having the Searing Slow Cooker. The meat melts in your mouth,only sorry I had not purchased one a long time ago.
on 15 October 2012
This is pretty much the same as my original Morphy Richards slow cooker but instead of a ceramic inner bowl this one is metal. This means it can be used on the hob, before starting the slow cook. This is useful if you want to thicken a sauce or bubble off some wine! I originally thought that there was an extra setting on the cooker itself. The liner is non stick.
Having three settings is useful. In fact you can almost bubble on High, so is useful, say, for cooking things like dumplings towards the end of cooking.
I had no temperature issues with the original slow cooker and non with this either.
I am delighted with both!
55 comments|263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 December 2012
Very pleased with the cooker and would highly recommend. It's one of the easiest ways to cook, good and wholesome and perfect for busy lives. Easy to wash and nothing to dislike.
on 22 March 2013
An excellent slow cooker. Have used it almost daily. Daughter is also buying one. The fact that the lining goes directly onto hob to seal meat etc. is brilliant and saves on washing up.
on 7 December 2013
i like it because is small, beutiful, the design is very simple and useful, is energy friendly and manegeable for the everyday kooking
on 6 November 2012
Probably the best slow cooker ever. So much lighter with a metal inner pot, and very much easier to clean. Gives wonderful results every time. Wish I'd had it years ago.
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2015
Oh, just get one! I'm in my late 60s and I don't why I haven't bought one before. I am a very keen cook and these appliances certainly enhance flavour. At this very moment I am cooking belly of pork with a variety of veg (using them up) later I will add wine tomatoes and cannellini beans, Spare ribs are an absolute dream!
on 6 June 2013
This slow cooker looks really good. Lovely shade of red. Cooks well and very easy to clean afterwards. I like being able to use the same pot to start braising the meat and veg on the cooker too.