on 13 April 2015
Used once a day max for 2 weeks....then burst into flames. Extremely dangerous and I certainly wouldn't recommend. Upon emailing morphy richards to let them know I was told "sometimes this happens, send it back to us and we can have a look"
review image
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 January 2014
I bought this as it looked very smart and was at an extremely attractive price. I mean, it's a toaster. What can go wrong?
I used it 3 times. On the third time, when the toast ejected, the depression handle, which allows you to load bread into the toaster, also ejected. It became totally unattached from its internal fixing. On inspection, the two mini rivets which hold the handle on had come out of their fittings. This wasn't a surprise when it looked as though there had been three attempts to fix them on product assembly. What an incredibly BAD build and what an extremely bad fixing design given that this is the part that is used ALL the time.
on 7 March 2014
This shorted my circuits at the end of each toast cycle after 3 weeks of problem-free use. My suspicions were confirmed by an electrician after testing it on all 3 floors of my house. I expected better - and got it from a cheap Sainsbury's own brand toaster at less than half the price! Total rubbish - I'll never buy this brand again.
on 4 March 2014
Toasts evenly and up to the edges of the toast, even if you use Warburton's bread.
Many toasters are unable to do this.
Highly recommended.
on 5 April 2013
the toaster is beautiful.
And toasts very well the bread.

But it also toast your hands.
This model gets very hot from the top and side.
After getting the toaster and acknowledge this I contacted MorphyRichards support service and their answer was:
"The sides and top of the toaster will get hot this is normal and is not a fault, there is a warning on page 5 of the instruction book advising not to touch the top or other hot parts use the handles."
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 June 2016
We've had it over a year now and although it still makes toast to a reasonable degree (although at a snail's pace) the stainless steel has become so unsightly that it looks as if it's ten years old. The steel around the top of the slots has been permanently stained by the heat from the elements and this is a bit worrying because I see from a couple of other reviews that the toaster has caught fire.
Right from the get-go it was just about impossible to keep the rest of the stainless steel cladding looking clean because it was so easily marked by fingerprints which took a deal of polishing to remove. Let's face it, a major part of your housekeeping chores should be having to polish the toaster. Also, the steel at the top gets very hot and you can very easily burn your fingers if you're not careful when extracting the toast, to the extent that I now use tongs to get the toast out. I think Morphy Richards could do a lot better, this is not a good buy and you'd be much better going for something with a plastic outer which can easily be wiped clean,
VINE VOICEon 26 April 2016
Don't know why people are complaining about the size of the slices. Lay the bread horizontally. End of Story.

Makes toast. Cooks pita and nan bread. They only thing I problems with was the extra long pita. But that wouldn't fit in any toaster.

Cooks evenly, looks good and doesn't cost too much. Almost perfect. Would have given it 5 stars if the list mechanism raised a bit further. As it is, it's a but awkward to get scones out.
on 29 May 2014
Basically the toaster is as expected - it toasts bread with minimal fuss. However, if I had seen this toaster on the shelf rather than buying online I wouldn't have bought it for the following reasons:
- it seems particularly large...the area surrounding the toaster hole seems to me to be quite big
- having said this, 'normal' toast (Hovis 800g sliced loaf) still doesn't sit completely within the toasting hole....about 1cm sticks out the top
- the toaster lever is really cheap and nasty...it's silvered plastic and looks rubbish and feels worse....when you press the lever down it is not a smooth action and feels very rough and poor quality
- the dial is a similar poor quality silvered plastic....they both completely let down what is otherwise a nice looking toaster
on 18 December 2014
After 9 months of used ( I'm not a heavy user / been used for 1 person only!) the toaster short circuited. Then I thought probably need to change the amp. I've changed it and it's still NOT working. Not happy with the product , with the price it should work better than the cheap one.
on 11 November 2014
I have had this toaster for 4 months.

The good: This is a great looking toaster - very simple and appealing to the eye. It toasts bread evenly and quickly (for as long as it lasts - ready on...). It has a handy bread crumb tray that pulls out in the back.

The bad: After only four months, it has died. I tried cleaning out the breadcrumbs, I tried opening up to clean it - but no. The lever will not stay down and the bread will not toast. In my opinion, a toaster is a very simple product, and should last much longer than 4 months. I do not recommend this toaster.