I waited for "No more Idols" with much anticipation and from the first track through to the last, I played it again, again, and again until I didn't know which track was first or last! The album is so innovative, an almost game-changing piece of production that is my definite choice for album of the year 2011. My reviews of each song:
1. No more Problems - 7/10, love the opening but than is a little too fast-paced where i start suffering to keep up.
2. Fire in your Eyes - 8/10 - You can feel the album coming to the boil.
3. Let you Go - 9.5/10 - The music video is what really makes this song. Lyrics are incredible too.
4. Blind Faith 10/10 - The standout song of 2011 and a reminder of the warehouse-garage scene of the 90's.
5. Fool Yourself - 8/10 - Deep, soulful, electric. Plan B and Chase and Status are a match made in heaven.
6 Hypest Hype - 8/10 - A more bouncy song by C&S, again that has you jumping up and down during the build-up.
7 Hitz - 10/10 - Gives you an almost Pineapple Express vibe. Tinie Tempah, steps into the role perfectly.
8 Heavy - 8.5/10 - You want find a tune with bigger bass all year.
9 Brixton Briefcase - 7/10 - Not one of my favorites. Just don't like Cee-Lo Green.
10 Hocus Pocus - 7/10 - I really want to know what they were smoking when this went into production. Because i want some!
11 Flashing Lights - 9/10 - Just close your eyes and see your whole life flashing right before your eyes!
12 Embrace - 10/10 - Along with Blind Faith, the best song(s) of the album. A shift from C&S. For god's sake it was even used in Gossip Girl to perfection!
13 Time - 10/10 - The album is coming to a close, but you just don't want it to end. Delilah's tone of voice goes perfectly with the backing breakbeat.
14 Midnight Caller 8.5/10 - Tranquile.
15 End Credits - I0/10 - The first single of No more Idols and the best way to finish the album.