Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Oct 2011 08:57:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Oct 2011 09:02:55 BDT
J. Martin says:
It seems Warner Home Video announced yesterday that a much more complete and comprehensive set is in the works for a release next year. It'll feature all-new extras and possibly even 3D versions of the last two films.

More info here:- http://www.cinemaspy.com/movie-news/warner-announces-two-complete-harry-potter-film-sets-for-blu-raydvd-10487/

This has certainly made me doubt whether it's even worth getting the limited edition set, since that was the only one that came remotely close to a proper complete set.

So this is just a warning to those looking to get any complete set who actually cares about extras, extended and 3D versions of the films, etc.

I obviously can't say this for definite, as I only found two news articles about this, but is sounds plausable.

Posted on 6 Oct 2011 13:10:00 BDT
it's true! and same here, i'm seriously doubting on buying the set now. damn WB trying to earn a lot from post potte era xD

Posted on 29 Oct 2011 20:12:27 BDT
ink says:
Well this set is under 50 bucks for the entire blue ray collection (im in the states buying this one cause ours costs more), so if the new one is a lot better next year, then I can always gift this set or sell it because I take pristine care of my discs it will probably still look brand new.

Posted on 30 Oct 2011 11:28:06 GMT
What differences were ever present in "extended" versions of the films? Wasn't it just the first two films that had slightly longer versions available, with one or two extra scenes each?

I don't remember there ever being really comprehensive "extended edition" releases or anything like that.

Posted on 11 Dec 2011 12:38:30 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 11 Dec 2011 12:40:33 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2011 04:50:34 GMT
IDK, the 3D stuff is nice but doesn't actually add anything to the story. I would rather (and already have) just buy this set and get it over with. Otherwise you will always be waiting on the "next best" thing. Just look at the Star Wars stuff. New crap out every year or so... and they STILL haven't released what the fans actually want. It's just a way for the studios to milk money out of you. Don't fall for it.

Posted on 24 Mar 2012 01:12:33 GMT
J. Hansen says:
And since I don't have a 3D TV, I won't bother with next year's release. As far as Star Wars is concerned, I agree with Damian: the studios keep coming out with new stuff, but NOT what the fans are wanting. And since I already have SW on DVD, I have no need/reason to upgrade.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  6 Oct 2011
Latest post:  24 Mar 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free] by Daniel Radcliffe (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (2,041)