on 19 October 2009
For a 3 day holiday to Bermuda where I had selected and booked my hotel on line before I bought the Moon Handbook and Frommer's guide. Frommer's was better for coming up with an overall idea of what I wanted to do on the island. Moon guide was better to take out with me once I had decided what I was going to do as it had many more photos and maps. I was surprised at the quantity of things available to do on a small island.

I did find some of the maps could have been better and saved me quite a lot of walking in the heat if they showed better where the nearest bus stop was. If you plan to get out and about on the island it will either be by bus, safer and more cost-effective or by hired motorbike (helpful if you want to be off bus routes or want to go out after 9pm weekdays or 6pm Sundays). Frommers guide had a map of the bus routes and details of which bus route to take to each site, which Moon guide lacked. However it is easy to pick up a free bus & ferry map at the bus station in Hamilton and stick it in the guide book which was my solution.

I was glad I had bought both guides instead of just one of them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again