- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Montes Alpha Colchagua Merlot 2012 Wine 75 cl (Case of 3)
|Price:||£26.97 (£8.99 / 75 cl) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- The soils are tufa, white in colour and rich in limestone
- Ruby red in colour with lifted perfumes of berry fruits with a touch of spice
- It combines the aromatics and tannins of good Nebbiolo with the acidity and dark fruits of Barbera to make a wonderfully intriguing wine with a fresh, supple finish
- The vines are trained using the Guyot system
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Montes Alpha Colchagua Merlot is ruby red in colour with lifted perfumes of berry fruits with a touch of spice. It combines the aromatics and tannins of good Nebbiolo with the acidity and dark fruits of Barbera to make a wonderfully intriguing wine with a fresh, supple finish.
The 80 hectare estate, of which 65 are under vine, is situated in the Bagnario Valley in the heart of the production zone for Moscato in Strevi. The vineyards are some of the best in the area, located in the Strevi hills which are around 300 metres above sea level. The soils are tufa, white in colour and rich in limestone. The vines are trained using the Guyot system.
Albarossa, a crossing of Nebbiolo and Barbera, is an interesting new grape variety created in 1938 by Professor Giovanni Dalmasso.
The growing season was long and sunny with little rain. The grapes reached optimum ripeness and were harvested on 20th and 21st September.
After pressing, a long maceration on the skins took place for 12-15 days in temperature controlled stainless steel vats. Malolatic fermentation then took place. The wine was aged in tonneaux and barriques for 12 months and then spent a further 6 months in bottle before release. It comes with the vintage information as follows: Vintage: 2009; Grape varieties: 100% Albarossa; Region: Piemonte; Closure: Natural cork; Winemaker: Patrizia Marenco; Alcohol (ABV): 12.5%; Acidity: 5.14g/l; Residual Sugar: 2.5g/l; Wine pH: 3.25.