Japan's most successful PSP title, Monster Hunter Portable
2nd G has finally made its way to the west. Renamed Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
, this latest installment in the epic Monster Hunter
series delivers over 500 hours of gameplay, spanning some 400 missions. In addition, using the Ad-Hoc connection players can adventure with up to three friends for a savaging multiplayer hunting party.
One of the most important features contributing to the Monster Hunter
series' rampant popularity in Japan is the social aspect of the games. This feature continues via the PSP's Ad-Hoc connection in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
. From devising strategies to executing attacks, players will need to work together in order to hunt down the ferocious beasts and progress through the wide range of quests on offer. And this effort and cooperation is never in vain. Succeed in this and players will be rewarded for their use of the deep fighting combat systems, encouraging them to seek out even more experienced hunters and team up in order to learn from their experience.
New Game Features
New to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the fully customizable AI "felyne" companion who accompanies players on quests and gathers extra resources. He can even can be shared and traded with other players. Also new to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the improved "Media Install Option." This new way to play gives players the ability to save portions of the game from UMD to Memory Sticks. This results in much faster load times, as well as improved PSP system battery life since your UMD will not have to be engaged every time your game requires a new file. Finally, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite features a certain level of compatibility with the rest of the Monster Hunter franchise. Fans of the series will be pleased to hear that they can transfer their character and data from Monster Hunter Freedom 2 over to the new game.
All-New Monsters to Battle
There are five new monsters to the game waiting to challenge gamers in battle. These include the Nargacuga, who inhabits the old forest and attacks at lightning speed; the Lavasioth, a lava-breathing reptile who hides in volcanic areas; and the Hypnocatrice, a birdlike monster that wards off hunters with its unique ability to produce sleeping gas.
- The biggest Monster Hunter title to date, with over 500 hours of gameplay.
- Huge variety of character customizations, including 1,500 weapons and 2,000 armor sets.
- Building on the social gaming aspect of the overall Monster Hunter series, players can form a team of up to 4 players through wireless Ad-Hoc play and experience the multiplayer social gaming phenomenon.
- "Media Install" option where players can save the game to a memory stick, allowing the game to load from the memory stick and UMD simultaneously for faster loading times.
- AI "Felyne" companion who will accompany players on quests and gather extra resources. With the 'felyne casting' feature players can share their companions with other players, transferring data using the PSP’s sleep mode.
- Fans of the series can transfer their character data from Monster Hunter Freedom 2 to continue their adventures.
- Five all-new monsters to battle.
Japan's most successful PSP title, Monster Hunter Portable 2G, is finally here. Renamed Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, this latest installment in the epic Monster Hunter series delivers over 500 hours of gameplay spanning some 400 missions. Add in previously unreleased monsters, weapons and missions and you have the biggest Monster Hunter game to date. Using the PSP's wireless Ad-Hoc connection, players can adventure with up to three friends for a savaging multiplayer hunting party. From devising the strategy to executing the attack, players will need to work together in order to hunt down the ferocious beasts and progress through the wide range of quests on offer. Players will be rewarded for their use of deep fighting combat systems, encouraging them to seek out the more experienced hunters and team up in order to learn from their experience. Even in single player mode Hunters won't be alone thanks to the introduction of the new AI "Felyne" feature. Accompanying players on quests your furry ally will helping them battle monsters and gather extra resources.