on 6 April 2013
I had read a lot of good reviews about this tablet so decided to buy one. I also noted that some people said they had problems installing the drivers. My experience was that the tablet did not work when I tried installing the drivers on the CD supplied with the tablet on to my Mac Laptop Pro. I searched the web for info and found the relevant information. I didn't realise that I needed to un-install any drivers for other tablets that I had on your computer first. Then restart your computer. Then install the latest drivers from [...] and restart your computer. You can then install the drivers on the CD supplied with the tablet. I did all this and it still didn't work, although the light on the tablet came on. Then I remembered someone said that the battery that came with their tablet for the pen was dead. I inserted a new battery into the pen and it worked.

Today I installed the drivers onto my PC laptop. I had to load the latest drivers from logic first, then the one on the CD to get it to work.

The tablet works well on both laptops. The hand writing text recognition is really good. I'm using the tablet with Corel Painter 12. I'm really impressed with the performance and large work area. I think the pen is ok, and not as flimsy as some people make out . If your pen is not working remember to check the battery.
on 20 August 2013
I'll go straight to the point. Installation is simple, I used the provided CD WITHOUT plugging the tablet before. BE CAREFUL at the internal package of the tablet, when you unpack it'll say "plug the tablet in before installing drivers". Don't do it. I simply can't understand why Monoprice keeps printing this false information on it. No new driver from the internet and it worked smoothly in Windows 7 x64 with every kind of software I tried (Sketchbook, Adobe PS* and Illustrator, Artrage...).

*UPDATE
Here I have to update my review (actual date: 11-24-2013): the very smart and prepared user "Oliviek" pointed out something that seems a driver defect actually not solved by Monoprice (although he contacted them so they are aware about it); please spend some minutes reading his Amazon review at http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R37JQKWPVJ2QHS/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B003ZZXXLK&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag= to know more about the micro-trembling Photoshop issue (which is invalidating terribly).

Pen sensitivity options are always available to me. Pressure levels, drawing mechanics and dimensions are perfect, I wouldn't have anything bigger. Easier to use for people with some drawing skills, simply because you have to trace while you are looking at the screen and not at the tablet. Pen feels cheap but works as a charm; you can order a better metal-grey version on the internet - the same for plastic conductive tips which are not hard to find. Maybe materials aren't too stylish and compact compared to Wacom Intuos tablet: you have simple hotkeys (I use them so rarely) instead of a futuristic selection ring with on-screen advice, but keep in mind you are getting the most high value for money tablet out there. I had some experiences with Intuos 4 series and actually can't justify the price difference between them. Wacom makes great tools, easy available spare parts, tips and pens, but after have tried this Monoprice I am forced to say Wacom tablet are clearly overpriced. Especially for the exigent amateur user.

(!) For those who suffer from RSI and are striving to get better with unusual input devices, changing posture and doing excercise: GIVE IT A TRY. It's the more comfy mouse I have ever used, browsing folders and websites or documents with that feels so natural! That's clearly a valuable hint for every graphic tablet, but this one is so cheap you surely can afford it!
77 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 July 2013
This tablet is large enough for comfortable drawing, and is mac compatible. (I had to buy an external CD drive for my macbook air, but the installation was simple and I don't need to have the disc constantly connected as I'd feared). The surface does show scratch marks after only a few uses, but these don't seem to affect the tablet at all, other than looking a bit less pristine. I haven't had any problems with my pen battery, like some other reviewers. It's been a few weeks and I haven't had to replace it yet.

I don't have a lot of use for the buttons, but they seem to work well enough. The button on the pen is equivalent to a left mouse click, but tapping gently produces the same result. The surface is mapped to your screen, so hand-eye co-ordination is easier.

Pressure sensitivity is excellent, so make sure you use a program which takes advantage of this. I recommend MangaStudio 5 (basically a better value, easier to use version of Photoshop).

I got a small wacom bamboo fun tablet on sale last year, but this is a much better purchase by far.
on 23 March 2013
It's not great for the money, it's just great. The macrokeys are really useful, I programmed the lowest key for undo and keep hitting it frequently. The buildquality of the tablet itself is fine; it's (cheap but) thin plastic, which makes it really light to hold on your lap while you're drawing. No squeeling or creaking, it's sturdy enough though I wouldn't pile stuff on it. The pen, however, comes with caveat emptor tagged all over it. Mine will not work unless I loosen the battery compartment, the battery will not make contact any other way. I tried to contact monoprice for a replacement pen, but shipping one from america to finland costs 70 dollars. The pen itself costs 11, so go figure. I still have zero talent in drawing, but given enough time and typewriter to a monkey, wild Shakespeare appears.
on 4 June 2013
I run windows 8. The tablet driver loaded with no problems. The tablet works a dream with Photoshop, CorelDraw, Windows Paint and a net freebie My paint. The tablet adjusted to my laptop screen size so there is no loss of working area. All the keys are user definable as are the 2 buttons on the pen. All in all a great purchase
on 29 July 2013
Good product - farliy responsive with instance use when pluging in to PC. Only wish you could lift drawing area to trace over ready made drawings which would be a good feature to the drawing tablet. Nevertheless good for value!
on 4 April 2014
Wasn't expecting much for the price but I am amazed by this graphics tablet. I had a few problem initially with the cursor jumping all over the place. As this was my first ever tablet I thought it might be me doing somehing wrong and got quite disheartened. However after searching onlin I found out that the monoprice tablet is a re-badged "uc-logic" tablet. I uninstalled the software thatcame on disc and downloaded the drivers/software from the uc-logic website ([...]).
I think some other reviewers may have mentioned it before but this is very important;
1. DO NOT install the software on the Disc that comes with the tablet, and NEVER plug the Tablet into your computer until the software is installed.

2. Download the driver and software from uc-logic.com, and run the install file.

3. After a re-start plug in your tablet and enjoy!

If you have had any other tablet installed you must also uninstall that software before you install the monoprice (uc-logic) one.

The tablet takes a bit of getting used to and I founf it's best to gently rest the side of your hand on the tablet surface, as the cursor will actually move around the screen with the pen tip some distant from the surface. you then only touch the surface with the pen when you want to click on something or use a brush or pen in your drawing program.

After using the uc-logic driver the tablet works perfectly and I am so impressed with it that I have ordered another one fore my other computer as it really is an amazing price. I have always wanted a tablet and this is my first experience of owning one, so it could be taht I'm easily impressed. But I don't think there is anything else out there at such a bargain price.
on 27 February 2014
Okay so i thought i might review again the tablet because i finally got it. Its was late in coming but i received it form the post office today. The Amazon box was a bit ripped but there was no damage on the tablets box. Its was very easy to install. specially on windows 7 , actually i didn't do anything i just insert the USB line in the USB port on the computer and DAH DAHHH! The pen it seems fragile but it has a good grasp and its comfortable to hold , I've red that some others had a problem inserting the battery in the pen, well that is a bit true because the spot for the battery its a very thin metal. I managed though putting the battery without trouble. What was a little hard it was closing the pen after , the battery seemed to be bigger but i gave it a little push and it closed. as long as i don't need to change the battery very soon i'm happy. As for the Tablet the drawing space is way bigger than my previous Genius . I haven't had much time on testing it because i had to go to work, the flow of the pen on the tablet its great, i didn't fix any pressure settings yet but no delay between tablet and computer monitor. I'm not very sure for the hotkeys use yet because i'm used to the Genius where you push the zoom in button and you could move your working area around either that was photoshop or manga studio, i will though its a very easy tablet and for the money i bought it is waaaaayyyy more than i expected.I highly recommend it to anybody who likes digital drawing it's an amazing tablet so far.
on 30 August 2013
I haven't had the chance to install the driver yet, because I can't even get the battery in the pen! Followed the simple instructions provided, clip the battery into the metal peice, push the pen's casing back on... and it got stuck halfway. The casing is too small to fit even a AAA battery. Now if I try to push it in anymore, the metal bit will break, try to take it off, the metal bit will break. A poorly made and structured pen. Even if I do manage to make it work when the battery runs out I won't be able to change the damn thing.
on 10 December 2013
What can I say? it does what it says on the tin.

I bought this Drawing tablet to gain more fine control when editing Photographs. For this, it serves its purpose very well. I did have some problems installing the drivers but that was due to the fact I had an old tablet still installed on my PC and there was a conflict. On a windows PC,If you go into Device manager and open Human interface devices and remove all traces of any previous Graphics tablet prior to installing your new one, you shouldn't have any trouble.

With a few tweaks in Photoshop (all of which are freely available on you tube if you google it) the Tablet performs well and is quite responsive. As the price suggests, this is not the best in the world, but for a very serviceable low priced entry model it certainly performs satisfactorily.

The active area of the pad is larger than most Tablets of the same price and can be used on Dual monitors or confined to just one. It is pressure sensitive once the Tablets control panel and Photoshop have been tweeked.

As with any Drawing tablet, it takes a little getting used to. Drawing on a plastic surface with a nylon tipped pen feels strange at first but as they say, Practice makes perfect.

All in all a very good product for its price.