on 26 November 2013
It is slightly too sweet. But it is a definite 4 star from me because the flavour does not detract from the coffee. It just adds to it. Very subtle and refined. I only use 5ml per cup and not the recommended 10ml because it is way too sweet for me (and even for my wife!). The best part of it is that it does not leave any aftertaste in your mouth. I am almost sorry to give it only 4 stars, however, I am trying to be fair and make the manufacturers take notice. I prefer a syrup that has only natural ingredients and no sweeteners like in the sugarfree version, however, I want the sugar content to be a third of this. Very mild natural sweetness with a more intense cocoa flavour would be PERFECTION.
on 4 March 2015
Granted this is only my personal opinion and, having used a variety of different Monin syrups, I recognise that people's preferences for this stuff can vary wildly but this is easily my favourite flavour syrup. Admittedly, it is very sweet (as are all Monin syrups) and can be overpowering if used to excess. It's perfect though if you want to add some sweet flavouring to your food (I find it goes well in porridge) or drinks.
on 17 January 2014
Bought this as a small Christmas gift for my 16 year old son, who had tried it in milk at school and thought it delicious. Used for flavoured coffees in coffee shops I believe, but also makes a good milkshake. I tried it and thought it way too sweet - but my son loves it for an occasional drink. Came in extremely good packaging.
on 13 October 2015
Didn't expect this to taste so sweet, not much of a chocolate taste either, bought it as i wanted to make mochas with my new espresso machine but found regular hot chocolate is much better, though if you like your coffees sweet then this would be perfect.
on 7 October 2014
Disappointed with this. It has quite a pleasant taste but try as I might, I can't seem to taste any chocolate. Just get this syrupy
sweetness. May try another brand.
on 27 February 2015
Amazing flavour. A lot of people said on their comments that it was too sweet. Rubbish. Gives expresso / latte a wicked chocolate taste.
on 11 January 2016
Delicious - will be re-ordering shortly - the level in the bottle is decreasing quickly!
on 2 January 2016
Nice but not as chocolatey as had hoped. Seems to get overpowered with the sugary taste.
on 20 May 2015
Chocolate syrup at its very best, use it hot or cold! Monin make the very best syrups.
on 31 July 2014
used this in milkshakes as well,also coffee, its gorgeous, lovely smell of choclate.