This important new edition provides a complete course for first year Engineering Mathematics, which is taught to most engineering students including mechanical, civil, electrical, electronics, systems, aeronautical and chemical engineers.
Key features of this edition:
* Comprehensive coverage of first year Engineering Mathematics
* Thorough approach with emphasis on promoting understanding and applicability to solutions of engineering problems
* Numerous fully worked examples and exercises
* Excellent coverage of applications
Key new changes based on extensive research from students and lecturers:
* Improved two-colour format
* The addition of basic skills exercises and improved presentation of other exercises,
including suggestions for using software
* Reinstated chapter on Fourier series
* Reinstated section on eigenvalues and eigenvectors
* Updated solutions manual including suggestions for using MAPLE and MATLAB
* Increased range of applications in both examples and exercises
* A companion web site
Professor Glyn James is currently Emeritus Professor within the School of Mathematical and Information Sciences at Coventry University, having previously been Dean of the School.
As in previous editions he has drawn on the relevant knowledge and experience of his fellow co-authors to provide an excellent new edition.
Available with this text will be a CD-based testing and assessment package, with interactive multi-choice, multi-answer and hot-spot questions that allow students to test their understanding of the key topics. Ideal for reinforcing learning during the course or pre-examination revision, all questions will provide detailed student feedback on-screen, and also direct students to the relevant section or page in the text for further study.
A networkable version of the CD for use in diagnostic assessment is also available for purchase by university departments.
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.