- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: Experiment; 1 edition (18 May 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 161519018X
- ISBN-13: 978-1615190188
- Product Dimensions: 20.6 x 13.7 x 2.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 277,833 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Dr Paul McGreevy understands horses and dogs - as a vet, an animal behaviourist and a qualified riding instructor. He graduated from Bristol University Veterinary School in 1987. He worked as a general veterinary practitioner in Australia and England before returning to Bristol to take a PhD in animal behaviour.
Since 1996, Paul has been teaching, researching and consulting at the University of Sydney's Faculty of Veterinary Science. He is recognised by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons as a specialist in Veterinary Behavioural Medicine.
Paul's research focuses on the behaviour and welfare of horses and dogs. He is the author of six books and over 100 peer-reviewed articles on animal behaviour and has received many awards for his pioneering work, including the:
* British Society for Animal Science RSPCA Award for Innovative Developments in Animal Welfare,
* Australian College of Veterinary Scientists Ian Clunies Ross Memorial Award
* Universities Federation for Animal Welfare Companion Animal Welfare Award
* Prince Laurent Prize for Animal Welfare
Paul has three dogs, who accompany him to the office and to lectures. [You can see them on a Youtube video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0t32b7QK5U]
Paul breeds and trains his own horses in Australia's Hunter Valley.
You can find a new release of Carrots and Sticks at: