on 14 August 2002
This book is one of the most engrosing books that I have read. It pulls you in from the very beginning. Every thing is explained very well, every thing falls into place by the end even though it may not seem like it at first. If you are planning on reading any of the other op-center books, read them before this because it does make strong hints to what happend in the past.
I felt like I got to know the characters. I like that in a book, something that is explained well enough that you can build up a clear picture in your mind. There are quite a few characters in this book wich is a bit hard to get to grips with. It's always introducing new ones right till the end.
The chapters are very short and sweet. Which is nice for someone who likes to stop every few chapters. Every chapter or so it jumps between the few locations that the story is set in to keep you updated with whats going on at op-center and in Africa. At first I found it confusing that it sometimes jumps back in time over a chapter, so something that happend in one chapter like a phone call can happen again in the next. It's strange at first but you soon adjust.
I was expecting a war novel when I bought this book, and in a war novel I thought there would be quite a few fighting scenes, but the fights are few and far apart. The first time a knive or gun is used is in chapter 22. If you are expecting fights and gore it is not for you, but if you like long intricate story line with a bit of action here and there Mission Of Honor is definately for you.
Another thing I didn't really like is the cliff hanger ending. This means that I will have to buy the next instalment of Tom Clancey's Op-Centre to find out what happens to the HUMNIT feild team, which im going to do because I need to know, probably just like everyone else that has read this book.
In my opinion this is money well spent. If you do buy this be prepared for sleepless nights and hours of pondering after you have finished the book.