Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jun 2011 08:56:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2011 12:14:30 BDT
Ref my review dated 27 Mar 11.

A few months later and I've just got back from a month in the USA where I took some 2200 photos/video (shared between my TZ10 and my EOS as that has a polarising filter which takes much better photos in bright/blue-sky conditions).

The TZ10 video capability proved to be as good as I have already hinted at.

However, I also found the panorama-assist function to be absolutely priceless. With a bit of effort you can produce stunning wide-vista shots of scenery etc using the included software which automatically collates the related photos together and then produces a seamless large/panoramic photo. Left along to do it's stuff, it takes the software about a minute or so to produce the result, whereas doing it yourself manually could take hours !

For the best chance of a seam less panorama, the trick is to use the zoom no wider than a 4x setting, so that the joining photos are not distorted by being at wide-angle and so they merge perfectly since they are all 'flat' views....

My trip also showed that I STILL haven't mastered all the functions of the camera. I completely forgot/was ignorant about the multitude of vital exposure settings you can make via the '+/-' button which sits above the 'Menu/Set' button.

I'm used to using exposure compensation/auto-bracketing on my SLR but should have realised that the TZ10 also has those capabilities. See pages 53-55 of the user guide to ensure you don't make the same mistake that I did !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  14 Jun 2011
Latest post:  14 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Panasonic Lumix TZ10 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD
Panasonic Lumix TZ10 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD by Panasonic
4.4 out of 5 stars   (374)