Cookery goddess and girl about town Mallika Basu reveals her secrets for cooking gorgeous Indian food in this highly covetable book, inspired by her blog. Her no-nonsense kitchen advice demystifies all those glorious, exotic ingredients and spices, and shows just how easy and rewarding it is to cook Indian cuisine at home.
Miss Masala has done the hard work in the kitchen so that you don't have to. So much more than just a cookbook, this beautiful, handbag-sized journal fuses irresistible Indian recipes with Mallika’s quirky and hilarious tales - it will make ethnic cooking an effortless part of your goddess lifestyle.
Alongside easy instructions for making aromatic Kerala Chicken or the best Seekh Kebabs, Mallika shares witty anecdotes about her high-flying city life, and gives handy hints on how to cook a jalfrezi and still head to the bar an hour later without reeking of eau de curry. Bollywood finally meets Sex and the City, and anyone who wants to whip up a meal for friends will be basking in the glory. This is real Indian cooking for busy city living!
Know your Bhuna from your Balti; Perfect in No Time; Never Let you Down; Light and Bright; Showing Off; Food for Feeling Better; Sweet Indulgences.
Why not try these recipes?…
• Kosha Mangsho (Lamb sautéed in yoghurt and roasted cumin)
• Murgh Makhani (Velvety butter chicken)
• Baingan Bharta (Smoky roasted aubergine mash)
• Channa Masala (Hot, spicy curried chickpeas)
• Tandoori Macchli (Succulent monkfish in tandoori spices)
• Peshawari Naan (Luxurious naan stuffed with nuts and raisins)
• Mango Fool (Pureed mangoes folded into double cream)
• Bhapa doi (Saffron and cardamom cheesecake)
• Vodka Chilli Cocktails (For those who dare!)