Miselading Titles: American and English Versions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 May 2010 19:33:33 BDT
DO NOT take advantage of the Amazon offer to buy both "The Assassin's Prayer" and "A Murderous Procession"... These are the SAME book.

For some reason best known to the UK and US publishers, these (very enjoyable) mediaeval detective thrillers appear in the US with different titles from those in the UK. Having spent much time in the US, I am not really sure that the sales across the pond are likely to be significantly enhanced by these title changes...

Anyway, the point here is that Amazon sells BOTH the UK and US titles over here. If anyone is interested, the titles are as follows:

Book 1 - "Mistress of the Art of Death" published in UK and US
Book 2 - "The Death Maze" published in US as "The Serpent's Tale"
Book 3 - "Relics of the Dead" published in US as "Grave Goods"
Book 4 - "The Assassin's Prayer" published in US as "A Murderous Procession"

Hope this helps...

Posted on 3 Jun 2010 11:12:10 BDT
vs says:
I was caught out by the title change so bought Book 3 twice. I've also had the same experience with other authors. It would be helpful if Amazon took a more responsible line and provided details of the title change but presumably buyers are not important in Amazon's world!!

Posted on 18 Jul 2010 23:53:45 BDT
D J. Bolton says:
The fact that Amazon specifically invites you to buy both titles seems to me to be blatant misrepresentation, and there is consumer protection legislation to prevent this. So complain, first to Amazon, and then to the relevant Consumer Protection department. .

Posted on 16 Sep 2010 09:31:34 BDT
Tarp 2 says:
Did the same thing and bought number 3 twice agggh!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  24 May 2010
Latest post:  16 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Assassin's Prayer: Mistress of the Art of Death 4
The Assassin's Prayer: Mistress of the Art of Death 4 by Ariana Franklin (Hardcover - 8 July 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (42)