Size: 40 m|Change

on 24 January 2012
I have had no problems with the assembly, and the whole structure is more stable than I expected from such a tall item. However, the metal rods are very thin, and bend if I try to hand up anything as heavy as -- goodness me! -- a shower mat.

The good point about this airer is the large amount of drying space compared to its small footprint. Unfortunately, this achievement brings to what I find it most annoying defects: the rods are very thin and very close together, and there is not enough space between the layers (just below 40 cm: my short-for-her-age 2-year-old daughter's trousers won't fit unless folded). So yes, there is a lot of hanging space, but it is difficult to use it all AND have clothes dry in a reasonable time. The other design mistake is the coat hanger hook strip. In principle it is a very good idea: on the top there is strip with 5 holes to hold coat hangers for shirts (the blue thing you can see in the picture). The strip only takes up half the space which would be available, and the holes are so close together that the shirts touch each other and don't dry. If the strip had been longer, more laundry would dry.
The description on the packaging claims the capacity to be three stanndard loads, I can hang up two, less if I need the items to dry quickly.

Whether this is is a good product or not depends a lot on the sort of load one wishes to hang. I find that it is fine for a laundry of nappies, or underwear or children's T-shirts. Problems start with long sleeved T-shirts, my husbands's clothes or towels. Again, it is very good for woollens and delicates which need to be hanged flat. Consider very carefully your laundry habits before deciding whether to buy this.

A last point -- altough I am not particularly short, I find it uncomfortable to use the very top layer, much more so that using the washing lines in hte garden, which are higher up.
on 6 March 2014
It is folded away easily and uses less space than my old laundry rack.
At the same time it fits three machine loads, which is much more than the old one.

Would always recommend it to friends.
on 21 January 2014
Offered the most space (in theory) and also was only one to fit into my shower cubicle when half folded (i.e. one 'leg' not opened, as per photo on product page).
That is where the issues start: The hooks holding the individual, horizontal hanging spaces are very 'shallow' and hence it's nearly like in a slapstick comedy when you try and put up all trays at the same time. One keeps falling down again when you try and put up another.... the only solution was BLUETACK to hold them in place. Not very elegant. So the whole thing is a bit wobbly.
On the plus side are the wheels which make moving it around easy.
Only buy if you require this particular size I'd say - I am keep mine for that reason only!
on 14 October 2011
This does take a while to put together but if you don't damage it it is very stable. I had the problem of the racks falling down until I realised that you need to start putting them out from bottom to top rather than top to bottom which is what comes naturally. I didn't realise it was so tall but it's great for drying sheets on as you ca just chuck them over the top. Takes up hardly any room when flat and not much more when in use. As my landlord refuses to let us have a tumble dryer I'd be lost without this product. It is certainly worth every penny!
on 18 May 2015
Without doubt the worst quality Item I have ever purchased from Amazon (and I've quite a few doosies). Don't think the other few negative reviews are from some over-exacting customers - they are spot on - this is a piece of rubbish. I bought it to replace a normal concertina style Minky airer which had come to the end of it's life. It was tricky to put together, but I could forgive that. Firstly, the wires are way too thin - they bend with even dry garments. Unless you want 40m of drying space for almost dry socks, forget it. That's not the worst bit however. The reviewer who mentioned buckaroo was spot on, or maybe it should be 'kerplunk' (for those of you who remember that game). As you place each item on gingerly, you never know which of the two middle shelves is going to collapse first, because the whole frame is so flimsy that the merest touch causes a clothes avalanche. I would have given it five stars if sold in the 'full-size' games secttion, but as a clother airer, run, run, run.

Amazon, who are normally not bad at returns, will only return £3:30 of the postage, which doesn't sounds too bad, until you understand that it arrvies in a box which you could use as a ping-pong table. I'll be lucky to break even on the whole deal.

Stay well clear - you have been warned !
on 25 August 2014
Nice large airer but tricky to fix the racks in the the side clips. When you push a rack edge into the clip it forces the sides out and those racks already clipped in tend to fall out. It is really a two person job which is a pain.
on 31 August 2015
I hate to leave negative comments but this is the worst product I have bought from Amazon. My husband works in the building industry and was disgusted with the quality and the fact that it just does not do the job advertised. The hanging rails do not stay up. You cannot put washing on the bars without the shelves collapsing - absolutely disgusted!! I will never buy anything with the name Minky on it again.
on 4 May 2011
Our house usually has washing hanging about everywhere. This has been great to get it all in one place. Easy to put together,was using it after 5 minutes. Arrived quickly too,very pleased.
on 19 January 2013
This does hold a great deal of washing - although the bars are too close together for grown up clothes - best for socks, underwear and baby clothes, plus thin things like pillowcases. However, after about a year, the blue plastic started to become brittle and break. First the bottom central pieces snapped and were fixed with lots of Duck Tape. Then the clothes hangers broke, and today, several of the other supports cracked and the whole thing came crashing down, narrowly missing my toddler's head. I would not recommend this unless you're happy to replace after a year or two.
on 25 November 2015
I liked this very much. How ever there are only two of us now in the family and to be honest I don't think it would hold a family of 4 's washing unless you were prepared to squeeze everything up on the racks. The hanging spaces for coat hangers are not conveniently spaced I don't think, and some of our coat hangers I had trouble fiddling them into the spaces provided.
Generally speaking though it's a good buy, the airer is easy to fold up and store in our extension.its very tall.
It needed my husband to fit it together, it came flat packed in sections and when assembling it, it needs quite a bit of room.
Would I recommend it.....yes I would.