Ideal for teachers, mums and dads, and sports coaches. Fire the children's creativity, promote team work.
24 safe, easy-to-set-up games for 5-8 year olds. Fully illustrated in colour throughout. A4, spiral bound, for easy use.
Children want to have fun. It's why sports authorities around the world back the idea of using games in physical education classes and sports training.
Developed by an expert with over 30 years of teaching and coaching experience, Fun Mini Rugby Games is all about playing and having a good time.
Covering agility and footwork, passing and catching, decision making and teamwork, the games develop core movement and coordination, as well as basic rugby skills.
Using light or no contact touch or tag tackling, the games will give all kids - whatever their size or gender - a great introduction to evasion games and rugby in particular.
The games are fun and safe to play, easy to set up, and require little or no equipment.
Fun Mini Rugby Games is written by Colin Ireland. Colin is a qualified Physical Education teacher and rugby coach, and is an International Rugby Board (IRB) approved coach educator and trainer, and SQA Assessor and Verifier.
After 30 years of teaching and coaching youngsters, Colin has put together some of his favourite training games in this new manual. The games:
• Teach basic evasion and rugby skills to children aged 5 to 8 years old.
• Are ideal for experienced and novice teachers and coaches.
• Are easy to set up, understand and play.
• Require little or no equipment.
• Will keep the children active.
• Will educate and promote teamwork.
• Offer great variety.
• Are outcome focused, with objectives to achieve with your players.
• Are energetic - they're great "sneaky" way of introducing fitness.
• Will encourage the players to try out things to find out what works for themselves.
• Will let the children have fun.
24 great ways to get the children playing sport, while having a good time.