- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; Portable Edition edition (12 April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118537149
- ISBN-13: 978-1118537145
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (92 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 86,142 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Minecraft For Dummies Paperback – 12 Apr 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
From the Back Cover
- Use blocks to build anything you can imagine
- Protect what you′ve built from monsters
- Survive, mine, and go on adventures in the Minecraft world
- Customize your experience
Get started in Minecraft or go deeper this book helps you do both
Playing Minecraft is an intriguing, creative experience. If you′ve been curious and want to get started, this book shows you the ropes. And if you know the basics but long to become a mad scientist or venture into Hardcore mode, you′ll find out how to do that too. Learn to play Minecraft and enjoy endless entertainment!
- Enter the game purchase and download Minecraft and register your account
- Create your world build your Minecraft world and explore it in a single–player game
- Learn to survive find out how to create a shelter, avoid hunger, start a farm, and begin mining
- Refine your skills study the different types of blocks and learn to engineer with redstone circuits
- Visit the villages where you can trade, excavate valuable structures, and battle zombies
- Move up to new gameplay options venture into Adventure and Hardcore play and manage the Minecraft filesystem
Open the book and find:
- How to survive your first night in Minecraft
- What to monitor as you play
- Tips for building an effective house
- Necessary mining tools
- The physics of the game
- How to start and join a LAN server
- Ten useful gameplay tips
About the Author
Jacob Cordeiro has been playing Minecraft since the Alpha pre–release. Jacob attends Stanford Online High School and won an award in the 2011 Scholastic Art and Writing competition for his game entry.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
My son swiped it soon after it arrived in the house though as has taken it to bed with him every night since. He is a reluctant reader and its difficult to get him to read anything but he has read this from cover to cover and has it with him when he is playing so he can look things up that he doesn't understand. He discovered how to do things like build beacons and how to use potions ( or something like that!).
We have recommended it to all the Minecraft fans we know. It's particularly great for younger players as I suspect older players can get what info they need from forums and such but my son does not yet know how to the navigate the web that well and I am happy to delay that for as long as possible.
Best minecraft book there is that I know of!!!
otherwise good buy, and price.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I just got this minecraft game and did not know why it is so popular and how to properly play. This book allowed me to actually enjoy the game. Well done!Published 8 months ago by Mr. B. J. Leggett
Bought as a present for my 10 year old,mad on Minecraft helped him alotPublished 9 months ago by Mrs. L. Gillespie