Format: PaperbackChange

on 12 June 2012
I am a huge fan of this series and Shayla Black's Doomsday books, and I liked this book, but I didn't love this book,like Ii did with Shayla Black's other books, it may seem I am being fussy, as the last book (Belong to Me) I liked but for me way too much sex, sex, sex and not enough story, this one didn't have enough of the hot under the collar sex scences for me and as the action stayed pretty much on a even pace, I got board! which I have never done before with one of Shayla Blacks books, it starts off really well and the action gets going in chapter one which is always a plus for me ( I hate waiting for a book to get started) but the problem for me was it never got anywhere else after the first few chapters, once Taylor opens the door to Del and his son Seth and gets over the shock of having a son and seeing Del again after the night he slept with her at his bests friend request, and findng out someone is trying to kill her and then the who and why of it, that really was it, don't get me wrong they go off to catch the bad guy but it just never hit all the buttons for me, I had high hopes at the beginning but by the middle I was flicking through to see what happens and buy the end I was looking foward to the next book on my kindle, I loved Xaiver and can't wait for his book next, and I will be pre-ordering it as I am sure this book and me just didn't see eye to eye I am sure with Shayla Blacks track record I'll love her next book like normal.
Shayla Black is a decent author, but not an 'autobuy', at the price of her Wicked Lovers books (her Doomsday Brethren are cheaper, but I can't get into that 'world'). Luckily, I managed to get this at my local library, which I'm glad I did, as had I bought it, I would have been a tad disappointed.

Yes, there is a storyline, danger and lots of hot sex, including one almost-menage one (in the leads' past. Could be called consensual cheating, as she and Tyler made love in front of her husband, at his request, with his partial participation), and one almost non-consensual one. The tale should have been a little more pacy, due to the danger Del was in, and due to the past she shared with Tyler, but she seemed to be very on/off with him, wanting sex and then pushing him away when it was over; it actually seemed very selfish at times.

It was nice to see the other leads settled down with families of their own, but I had high hopes that this might have been a more romantic read than the others...but it was one-sided, on Tyler's side. I also kind of expected more discussions about his manwhore past! Was it worth a read? Yes, for free. And, also a 'Yes', even if I'd paid for it, but it wasn't worth her asking price, as she's done so many better books.
22 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2013
Tyler's the bouncer for 'Sexy Sirens'. He's a womanizer but all this is a front cos he's never gotten over the rejection of the woman he loved. Del his ex best mate's wife.
Now there's a knock at his door and Del is stood there. She's on the run from a criminal named Carlson. She's a reporter and she's uncovered criminal activities all involving Carlson. He's trying to kill her before she exposes him.
Tyler gets the 'caveman vibe'. He's gonna protect her and prove how much he's missed her. Love is in the air (for Tyler anyway).
Del comes across hard faced and determined. Her priorities are Carlson but Tyler insists on helping her (and so do the rest of the crew).
Loved the sex scenes. Very passionate and intense. The crime theme ran through the whole story but you didn't get bogged down with it.
on 15 October 2013
MINE TO HOLD is the latest re-release from author Shayla Black and the sixth instalment in her Wicked Lovers series. The series focuses on a group of former marines, special ops, former police and military men and the women they love. This is Tyler and Delaney's story-a story of second chances and broken hearts. Although the storyline is part of a series, it can be read without too much difficulty as the author references many of the former plotlines and in doing so, we become familiar with the many couples that were previously introduced in the series.

The storyline is written in present day with flashbacks to Memorial Day weekend two years earlier where Tyler and Delaney's life changed forever. Delaney was married to Tyler's friend and fellow officer but a stake out that went horribly wrong found Eric in a wheel chair with a request of his best friend and wife. Fast forward two years later, Del and Eric are now divorced and she is on the run for her life. As a journalist, Delaney had uncovered some dangerous information and her life had been threatened on more than one occasion. Running to Tyler was her only option because there was more to the story than anyone could have known.

The relationship between Tyler and Delaney began as friends but they were `forced' into lovers at the request of Delaney's husband. To be honest, you knew nothing good was going to come of the situation, and true to form, Delaney's husband pushed too far and soon realized his best friend and wife were in love. It would be two years before Delaney ever saw Tyler again and in that two years, many things and people had changed.

The characters are colorful as is their history together including Tyler's history with many other women and with the friends who would help save Delaney's life. The mix up of personalities and back stories is humorous and heartbreaking, but in the end, everyone knows that Tyler has been in love with Delaney for a long time. But before anything else, Tyler needs to let Delaney know that no matter what has happened in the past, she is the only woman that has been on his mind. (insert eye roll here).

The world building is fluid as Shayla brings together friends and family and previous storyline scenarios so that the focus of Mine to Hold flows smoothly.

Mine To Hold is a story of action and suspense; heartbreak and betrayal; love and hate; regret and indecision. But in the end, there is a happily ever after, but not before too many lives are destroyed and a history between three people that had gone terribly wrong.

NOTE: Mine to Hold is not recommended for anyone under 18. There are some sexually graphic situations that are not be suitable for all ages.

Copy supplied by the publisher
on 18 October 2012
After getting into 50 shades and the bared to you trilogy. My friend introduced me to these books, I've finished 3 in a week they are compelling, well written and I just can't put the iPad down. I think I have read them all in the wrong order but it doesn't matter as they are all individual stories with the characters all mixing at certain points. These stories are hot, and I recommend them highly.
on 22 September 2012
Shayla Black is a fantastic erotica writer. Forget 50 Shades ladies...this stuff is far hotter! She has wriiten many more of these books, which i have purchased, and I can't wait for more!!
on 19 April 2013
Mine to Hold is a heartwarming original romance. Besides the sweet love story it also delivers a great deal of suspense and action. A well written book well worth the time reading it.
on 17 January 2013
This book is amazing! It explains everything about the main characters! I couldn't put it down! Shayla Black is an amazing author, she is another one of my favourite authors!
on 9 February 2014
Not as good as wicked ties but still engrossed me enough not to put it down , ending quite obvious was only let down
on 28 November 2012
fantastic story line had me from first page exciting read loved it bought all the books in the series excellent