on 14 December 2010
This is a brilliant book, containing a lot of wisdom from the very good author James Allen.

If you are thinking of buying any of his books then i recommend you buy this one and get them all contained in the one book.

One thing to note though this is a BIG book (encyclopedia size) and not really for bedtime reading as it is too big too hold up for long.

Great book though and thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is seeking to understand the power of thought.
on 31 August 2012
My first review about anything ever. Buy this book. Read this book. The book is huge, but do not let that make you think it could be full of "waffle" to fluff the book out. It is not! In fact, the very opposite is true. Each line in this book contains so much wisdom, that in todays world it often has to be read more than once to sink in, or just choose a few lines and think about them for the day, you will improve your thoughts, your mind, and really, thats all there is to this whole world. Well, to the world that matters. Yours!

When you read this you can see just how many recent authors have taken James Allens ideas and "made them their own".

Buy it. I consider it one of the best books I have ever bought.
on 12 April 2011
This is a superb book. I can randomly open it and find a chapter that is very inspiring. The Eight Pillars of Prosperity is very good. Throughout the book, I found that the messages are very simple to understand and thought-provoking. I particularly liked his advice that there is only one right way of doing everything, even the smallest, and a thousand wrong ways: Skill consists in finding the one right way and adhering to it. The language is a bit antiquated in parts but don't let that put you off.
on 24 November 2015
My all time 'go to' book. Relevant forever. Sustenance for the soul.

Beautiful book filled with tremendous knowledge on how to lead a wonderful existence within as well as.... doing your outward duties. Simply sublime. Words are not enough. Have to experience it for yourself. Touches the very core of our being stripping away the ego that dominates our thinking.

Like James Allen said....As a man thinketh. My father got us one when we were little. Loved it then.....love it now.

James Allen's experience, wisdom, spiritual knowledge is a must if you want to make great strides in your life. Try it sincerely and see the beautiful changes within you and your outward life. Do not wish for a better existence...make it happen as YOU are in charge. Read it again and again and you will find more depth as you go along.

Thank the Universe..God...The powers that be for the likes of James Allen. My sincere gratitude to the remarkable people who put this book together for our benefit.

Going to Spain next week for two weeks. Taking James Allen with me!

Will be purchasing more for friends and family.
on 9 April 2013
Everyone should have James Allen's works! His spirituality, prose, poetry and attitude to life will change yours! One of my favourite books of all time.
on 28 March 2011
My title is not chosen for nothing. When you take delivery of this book, you will simply be surprised at just how big it it is. It compares compatibly with a good size paperback study bible. In fact I would recommend you do as I did and strengthen the cover with some transparent fablon. That ought, I hope, to make it last a while longer. But the main reason for landing on Planet James Allen is, of course the content. I could quote him by the yard, but if there is only one example to give (and here I am in agony wanting to cite at least a hundred more beides at least), check out the poem on pp. 68-69 on the realization of selfless love:

I stood upon the shore, and saw the rocks
Resist the onslaught of the mighty sea,
And when I thought how all the countless shocks
They had withstood through an eternity,
I said to wear away this solid main
The ceaseless efforts of the waves are vain.

But when I saw how they the rocks had rent,
And saw the sand and shingles at my feet
(Poor passive remnants of resistance spent)
Tumbled and tossed where they the waters meet,
Then I saw ancient landmarks 'neath the waves,
And knew the waters held the stones their slaves.

I saw the mighty work the waters wrought
By patient softness and unceasing flow;
How they the proudest promontory brought
Unto their feet, and mosy hills laid low;
How the soft drops the adamantine wall
Conquered at last, and brought it to its fall.

And then I knew that hard resisting sin
Should yield at last to Love's soft ceaseless roll
Coming and going, ever flowing in
Upon the proud rocks of the human soul;
That all resistance should be spent and past;
And every heart yield unto it at last.

The only possible objection to this material can come from an un-yielding warlike spirit. Man must find this way before it is too late. I decided that having this sheer amount of material at my disposal, I had to develop a coping strategy (don't laugh! you'll see what I mean when your copy arrives) and, for what it's worth, and this is by no means the last word on the subject (in fact, if you can think of anything better, please feel free to let me know), here is mine: I used the Book of Daily Meditations (p661) as a kind of Head Quarters, as it were, and as the subjects presented themselves, banched out into other areas. The effects of this are not something that will be felt on day one, but after a while (this is not medication - there's no "one size fits all" scenario here) you will find that you simply do different stuff and the other stuff?, well, you either don't do it or you do it differently. However, one thing that will happen on your first session is that you will at least want to be something better and after a while, and yes, still in session one, you will realise that that is doable. That's what did it for me. This is the ultimate book of nice guy. Its like taking the mind back to factory settings. Renew.
on 15 November 2014
A very fantastic book. I recommend to everybody who wants to get the top and stay there.
on 18 January 2016
This is an amazing book. You get so much more than what you pay for. 100% happy!!!
on 1 November 2014
One can only give James Allen's writing top marks - read, and see why.
on 6 June 2015
Fantastic! All of James Allen's down to earth wisdom in one volume!