- Hardcover: 456 pages
- Publisher: OUP Oxford; First Edition edition (1 Mar. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0198505655
- ISBN-13: 978-0198505655
- Product Dimensions: 20.1 x 3.6 x 24.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 252,240 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Millennium Atlas of Butterflies in Britain and Ireland Hardcover – 1 Mar 2001
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"What a spectacular production!...It is an extremely important work and Im not surprised that it is already reprinting. What British lepidopterist would be without it! I'm truly honoured that my name should be in it." (David Attenborough)
The finest celebration of the British tradition of natural history (The Times)
Inside This Book(Learn More)
The Butterflies for the New Millennium (BNM) project has completed a comprehensive re-survey of the distribution of butterflies in Britain (including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) and Ireland, between 1995 and 1999. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Apart from dust wrapper, as new - and I buy books to read, not as a collection to be admired so that doesn't matter. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Peter Gordon
Beautiful publication with excellent photographs and highly detailed maps. The species accounts are very informative and the chapters on habitat, causes of change along with... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Mr A J L MCCARTHY
This book is a gift for my husband.
Although published in 2001, it is still one of the definitve works on Butterflies in Britain and Ireland.
I hope he appreciates it?
Very in depth reference resource , not pocket identification book. For the `scholar` or enthusiast , not to carry in case of a chance sighting !Published on 5 Oct. 2011 by Jonathan Williams
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Insects
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology > Animal Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Europe > Ireland
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom
- Shops > Amazon Green