on 11 July 2013
A very good first night's sleep. Next morning, sat on bed to do up shoes and small plastic lugs holding up aluminium struts sheared off. Any product is only going to be as good as its weakest component and although the beds I bought seemed great, they are now both broken and I'm £48 out of pocket. The lugs holding up the aluminium frame are make of plastic as soft as bottle caps.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2013
If used as a permanent bed replacement it can last up to 1 year & 6 months if you weigh up to 65KG.
I Recommend:
1. That you don't fold it up to much
2. If you weigh 65KG+ don't put all your weight on either the corner or the sides but put your rear down dead centre or you “will” bend one of the aluminium legs.
3. If you push you’re self along expect friction burns if you don't use a blanket.
4. If you don't fold up the bed and walk passed it watch out for the corners, they stick out and even with the plastic caps on the ends they are still sharp, expect scrapes on your lower legs.
5. To avoid scrapes on your lower legs, wrap 1 or more socks round the corners and use duck-tape.
6. When you fold it up watch out that the sheet doesn't get trapped at the centre, it will cause it to tare holes in it.
7. When unfolding it watch out that the sheet doesn't get trapped at the ends, it won't unfold and is a pain to get loose.
8. When putting it together some muscle is needed, in the 1st 2 days it can be a tight fit, also when laying on it for the 1st time expect some lowed creaking noises.
9. If you suffer from a bad lower back, lay flat but expect to do 1 sit up everyday in order to get up.
10. If suffering from a dislocated shoulder expect it to take up to 8 months to heal, try not to turn otherwise expect 6 months of waking up screaming.

In the 1 year & 6 months I used the first of these beds, I accidentally put all my weight on the bottom corner after 4 months of using it, that in turn bent the corner leg, sins then I had been propping it up with a used up real of cat 5 network cable which has a stateless steel core.
After 1 year & 6 months I noticed that the heavy duty cloth used was starting to pull away from where it had been stitched together.
on 23 June 2013
Just what I was looking for I am 16 stone and this fits
The bill. Deliverd in 2 days excellent I will use this for my night fishing
on 23 September 2013
Used it once only. Sat on the end of the bed and the metal legs buckled where they cross over under the bed. I am only 9 stone and not overweight, but disappointed with the product. Had to buy another one!!!!!
on 9 June 2014
Side bar bent when sat on. End bar broke when sat on.poor construction. Dissapointed with this product in durabillity and strength
on 1 September 2014
This is an absolutely rubbish product, I would strongly advise against buying it. We used a number of these beds on a camping trip and none survived. The design issues are clear and mentioned repeatedly in other reviews: it's disappointing the manufacturer hasn't addressed them.

1) Very difficult to assemble the first time. The end bars have to stretch over the frame so the plastic lugs fit into two holes. Once the beds have been assembled this gets easier, presumably the fabric gets stretched permanently.

2) The plastic lugs that hold the end bars onto the side bars break off very easily. after that you may still be able to use the bed but it's not very stable. we tried to remove the plastic part thinking that we could re-assemble one good bed from two broken ones but that proved too difficult (too hard to remove the plastic ends).

3) on one bed the side bar buckled and the bed was completely unusable.

4) The end of the side bars stick out and are a hazard.

These beds are a total waste of money. There are cheaper beds available that i bet will last longer.
on 29 September 2015
Very comfortable. Benefits from an old sleeping bag directly between you and the cloth as an extra insulation but most of them will. Very firm to get out of. I am disabled, weigh about 70kg and have to push really hard to get out of it but it puts up with this with no problem. I also have three medium size dogs that seem to think that this is more comfortable than their own beds. It puts up with all this weight and abuse with no problems. I did use a small pillow to cover the top metal section in order not to knock my face on it at night. Again most of them will benefit from this. Easy to set up but my lack of core body strength means that a mallet helps get the right tension very quickly. Recommended as being one of the more sturdy lightweight beds around.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2013
Lightweight but sturdy - and absolutely the most comfortable night's sleep I've had under canvas. Got fed up with airbeds going down/having a bad back in the morning ... can't recommend this enough.
on 6 September 2015
Heavier than I thought and a little harder to assemble than expected. However I think that assembly will ease with use when the canvas gets a little more stretched with use. wouldn't take it up the mountains or on long hikes because of the weight. Nevertheless, if you are camping and working from a base camp it would make all the difference for comfort and a good nights sleep. Build quality and sturdiness seem to be excellent with just the right amount of give when in use. All-round a good buy especially if you are a camping family everyone should sleep well.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2013
When the camp bed finally came, I was very pleased with it. It looks sturdy enough for what we need it for and packs away easily into the bag provided.

See one answered question