on 26 April 2000
A typical Disney classic; funny and sad with a happy ending - what more can one want. Well done to the producers who brought this loveable creature to life.
on 11 July 2003
Incredible animation and attention to detail make you really believe the illusion of life in the creature. A great family film to enjoy again and again.
on 11 June 2013
Love this film... the affects aren't as good as they would be with todays technology, but it's such a great film, who cares.
on 3 April 2014
I have rated this as 4 Stars because it is clearly aimed at a family audience and as such it delivers great entertainment that both adults and children can watch without parents having to be concerned about violence/sex or anything else they may not want their children to see.

If you want some thing for all the family to enjoy then watch this.
on 23 January 2013
I loved this film as a child when it came out on video and so the DVD was an essential add to my collection. It still makes me cry but is a fantastic film for everyone. It was nice for me to watch for the nostalgia but my husband, who had never watched it before, enjoyed it too. It is a lovely film and it is just so cute!
on 3 January 2011
After having seen this film on TV our five year old grandson fell in love with Mighty Joe, so we purchased the DVD, it's a wonder it is not worn out having been played virtually non stop every time he is here,
a very worthwhile purchase.
on 13 April 2016
Fantastic heart warming film w/ State-of-the art SPFX! Charlize never looked more beautiful. Rick Baker's finest achievement! Joe looks totally "real." Only way it could be better is if it were available on Blu-ray.
on 7 September 2013
I ordered this for my daughter as i was having trouble finding it in my local shops and knew she would enjoy it, it arrived quickly and she very much enjoyed the movie! thank you so much
on 9 September 2009
Kids love this dvd, I quite like it too. Well worth the money as the kids have watched this loads of times. I have too boys who love animals and this has earnt it's money.
on 13 April 2013
loved this film when i was a child, had it on video and always wanted to watch it, havent seen it for a while and when i found it on here on dvd, just had to get it (: