Earth's Mightiest Heroes' Season 1 & the 20 episodes from the Micro-series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Apr 2012 12:08:13 BDT
RB says:
Can someone please confirm if the 26 episodes on the imminent release of the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 1 - 4 [DVD] include the 20 episodes from the "Micro-series"?

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 16:49:30 BDT
Jevarell says:
I believe the 20 micro episodes were linked together to make the first few episodes of the actual series.

I may be wrong about this but I'm fairly sure I read it on wikipedia or some such.

Posted on 26 Apr 2012 19:48:43 BDT
RB says:
Yes, I read that too...a while back..but having looked on Wikipedia today just to double check, I can't find any mention of this.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2012 19:43:15 BDT
Yes, I've seen the micro episodes and the full episodes and they're the same as far as I can tell. But, the UK DVDs don't include the 'Meet Captain America' main episode, so his micro's are missing too.

Posted on 29 May 2012 22:01:14 BDT
DK63 says:
Does anyone know if/when season 2 will be available? Bought season 1 and really enjoyed it.

Posted on 4 Jun 2012 02:30:49 BDT
varsas says:
Season 2 is airing in the U.S. at the moment so don't expect a release here until the end of the year.

Posted on 15 Sep 2012 15:09:42 BDT
Yeah I can confirm that the first few episodes are the micro-series episodes combined to make full length episodes.

But Meet Captain America is missing from the European release, I believe that the reason for this is that the episode deals with WWII and replaces Nazi Germany with Hydra, so it essentially denies the Nazi aggression in WWII which is a crime in some countries in Europe, now I don't know for sure if that's the reason, but it seems like a pretty good one.

Posted on 30 Nov 2012 09:49:45 GMT
J.V says:
Ignore what Georgieracer82 is saying about the European release. Meet Captain America being missed was only a mistake. The current version of the DVD has that episode. If you have the old version, contact Disney and they'll replace the disc for you.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2012 23:24:04 GMT
RB says:
J.V.

Thanks for that piece of information. Did you contact Disney for a replacement DVD (or just the specific disc?) and if so, do you remember what contact details you used?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on 17 Dec 2012 10:11:00 GMT
RB says:
For anyone interested in following J.V's suggestion of contacting Disney to replace the disc for you, here's what you do:

Disney Reward Consumer Enquiry Helpline: 020 8222 1571 - Option 1.

Explain to them that you have the DVD with the missing Captain America episode and that you have been informed that you might be able to have it replaced.

This is what I said and the guy I spoke to told me that they could replace the DVD for me.

I'd have to send mine in using a free postage address he e-mailed to me. They would then have to order a replacement in as they don't hold any stock. As soon as it arrives, they'll send me the replacement.

I posted my copy on 11 December (I bought my DVD in May 2012) and called them today for an update. I was told that they had received my copy but are currently awaiting the delivery of the replacement copy.

So...the process seems to be working.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  26 Apr 2012
Latest post:  17 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 1 - 4 [DVD]
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 1 - 4 [DVD] (DVD - 2012)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (52)