'Postnatal' is the fourth title in the Midwifery Essentials series and explores contemporary postnatal care for women and their families, exploring the role of the midwife as a member of the multi-professional team. This book thoroughly prepares the reader to provide safe, evidence-based, woman-centred postnatal care for mothers and their babies.
- The postnatal examination of the woman, and the baby check
- Care of the baby in the immediate postnatal period
- The features of the normal neonate
- The newborn clinical examination
- Hospital postnatal care and caesarean section
- The role of the community midwife and emotional wellbeing
- Postnatal fertility control
- Issues involved in supporting the woman to feed her baby.