Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 December 2013
This book fills you in on the start of midget auto racing in England. If you are familiar with the Crocky Wright series of
books on pre war and postwar midget racing here in the states, you
will be in your glory when you read this one. Many photos - none of which I had ever seen before.No mention of any U.S. drivers because they didn't show up in England until after the war.
Buy this book as it goes well alongside the Crocky Wright, Jack Fox, and Ray Kuns midget racing books.
on 16 January 2014
If you are at all interested in the history of UK oval track car racing in the days before stock car racing came along, look no further - this is the book for you. Or at least, one of them. Bridgett's earlier offering about midget racing in the Potteries should also be required reading for historians of the art!
on 22 January 2014
Very true account of midget car racing in the early 1930's as told to me by my father Harry Skirrow, designer and builder of the Skirrow Special midgets, and termed as the one armed wonder Lakeland midget car racer. Malcolm Skirrtow.
on 12 January 2014
Find a whole new world of racing you thought was the exclusive province of the Americans!
Great pictures!
Some scale drawings of Midgets would have been nice;but that's only because my interest is modelling.
on 2 January 2014
Was a gift for my boyfriends father, he loves the book so it must be good! However it's not for me mainly due to the fact that I'm not as interested in cars as he is.
on 30 December 2015
Definitive fascinating glimpse of largely unknown racing
on 16 February 2016
Verry much what I exspected.