on 7 December 2015
After a lot of problems with cold feet, partly due to some tablets I take, my life has been much improved by these slippers. So much so that blood is actually circulating properly in my feet and I can wear fewer sweaters in the house during the cold, damp British winters. It's like my whole body has heated up. I feel human again and am not cursing all the time about cold feet.

By the way, they're not too good for walking around in - in fact I would definitely warn against that, unless it's a very short distance. They're too full of beads/grains to walk safely. You'll just have to live with that.

Also, as others have said - they do not stay warm anywhere near as long as is claimed - but do not let this put you off. There is still a big benefit to using them.

I've knocked a star off because I have a suggestion for the makers: when you put your feet up, the grains drop down quite far, leaving no grains at the top. This reduces somewhat their ability to keep feet warm, but it's not a massive issue, especially because the material is fleece, which insulates pretty well anyway even when they haven't been microwaved. There are also no gaps around where you put your foot in for air to escape, which is good. However, why not incorporate dividers or baffles inside the wall of the slipper, dividing off various parts of the slipper? You'd be able to get a more even coverage of grains when the foot is in a variety of positions. For those of you who have no idea what I mean, buy the slippers and see. I do recommend buying them anyway, as they are good.

They are also very good value.

There's an aroma of freshly baked bread to them too, which I like. I'd rather have that than some added scent like lavender, which they do to other makes of this type of slipper.
on 1 September 2014
Bought for hubby who has chemo induced peripheral neuropathy, one of many things to try and help with cold painful feet. He is delighted with these. He pops the in the microwave for 90 seconds, then if he wakes during the night he pops them in again. They have really helped keep his feet warm and help both of us get some sleep. He only wears them in bed and doesn't walk in them as they would be very uncomfortable but he can definitely recommend them. Well worth the money.
on 9 May 2014
This is a great way to warm up cold feet, especially good for in bed as it's tricky to walk about in them. The beans /pellets inside have a tendancy to gather in one end and would be better if they were stitched in pockets (like with duvets) But apart from that a good product that is quick to heat and stays warm for ages.
on 12 April 2016
I bought these to warm my feet up in bed as I get Reynauds easily, and cold feet prevent me from sleeping.

My feet are size 8 so I'm at the bottom of the size range, but these slippers are elasticated round the ankles and they don't come off easily even with the weight of the duvet on top of them. I've only used them a few times, and they do smell wheaty when you heat them, but that's to be expected. As other reviewers have said, the heat disappears after about 30 minutes or so, but for me this isn't a problem as this is long enough to warm my feet up anyway.

One slight discomfort is that the inner seam is quite large and catches on the ends of my toes. But this is a minor complaint. Overall I'm delighted to have warm feet again.
on 22 January 2014
These work as advertised. You cannot walk in them, but the product info does say that, and they stay warm if you heat them. That said, I just put them on if I am in the cold room I bought them for and they warm up with your feet in a minute or so - no microwave needed and they are quite satisfying under foot when you are sitting down.

The only problem is that they developed a small hole from about day one and one slipper leaks the beads/seeds - making a mess and ultimately it will empty out. The material is very thin and stitching them up again does not really look like an option.

Perhaps an ordinary pair of slippers is a better bet.
on 28 December 2015
It took me a while to realise that the bits I found all over the house were wheat germ from these slippers. Having spent hours trying to hoover them up I've had to resort to going over all the hard floors with a hand tool as instead of going up the vacuum they seem to just spread.. Fun way to spend Christmas :)
on 5 August 2015
These slippers are ideal for targeted heating of your feet when it's chilly. I've used them when working at my desk and although they only last about 30 mins after being microwaved for the recommended 90 seconds I've found them quite effective. And they haven't yet gone soggy or wet in the microwave I've used.
on 4 March 2015
Bought these for a man with size 11 feet. They are.quite snug as he is top end of the size allowance. The package says heat lasts for hours. It doesn't take long for the initial heat to dissipate and then they are just warm. Still they do the trick for 10-15mins it's just a shame they don't last longer
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2014
They're a bit cumbersome and heavy but keep your feet cosy. A bit like a heat wrap with a bit to slot your feet in. I'd prefer to be able to at least sit with your feet on the floor with them on but they're too uncomfortable to do that - like a load of gravel in your shoe type of feeling.
on 13 March 2015
Having size 12 feet the slippers are a little tight (to be expected) but the product works wonders as I suffer from cold feet (poor circulation perhaps).I will recommend them to others with the same problems.